iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » does anyone know??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: does anyone know??
sourskittles
Rewinder
Member # 3870

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for sourskittles   Email sourskittles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Modern Girls and/or the Monster Squad is ever going to come out on dvd??
Posts: 35 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In time everything will be out on DVD. IF you can't wait...I saw a bootleg DVD of Monster Squad at a convention last weekend. It had coverart and everything. There are movie and sci-fi fantasy conventions in Texas several times a year where you can pick a copy up.
I'm from Texas too. What city are you from? I like your name too. I was a skittles freak in high school.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey soursskittles (cool name)

like bigfoot said, there are bootleg dvds of monster squad wandering around, i have seen them on ebay. but not a word about modern girls..trust me, i would be in heaven if that were to happen.
welcome to the rewind though, it's always nice to see another modern girls fan.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sourskittles
Rewinder
Member # 3870

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for sourskittles   Email sourskittles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi , im in san antonio...
thanks for the info
and
thanks for the welcome.
Im hoping that with the oscar nomination of virgina madison that her past movies will become more available...thats what happened with Helen Hunt..as soon as she was nominated Girls Just want to have fun was put on dvd

Posts: 35 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sourskittles:

Im hoping that with the oscar nomination of virgina madison that her past movies will become more available...thats what happened with Helen Hunt..as soon as she was nominated Girls Just want to have fun was put on dvd

i didn't even think of it that way, good call. we'll have to wait and see.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a note on bootlegs on eBay, even if the not-yet-commercially-released-DVD says it has 5.1 audio and it actually does, it still doesn't mean it's from a legitimate source, 5.1 audio tracks can be made from 2.0 surround tracks on VHS & laserdisc, I've been experimenting with 2.0 to 5.1 conversion and gotten pretty good results.

For the technically minded, it basically involves feeding the stereo audio through Dolby ProLogic (1 or 2) which gives you a 5.1 output, it's really no different to your home cinema amp doing the 2.0 to 5.1 conversion just that it's pre-done.

Want to get the widescreen laserdisc of The Monster Squad but don't want to spend upwards and over $120 just for a single film!

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigworld
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3107

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bigworld   Email bigworld   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
I had fogotten about this one ill need to dig my VHS copy out for another look at it,one of my favourites as a kid!

Posts: 58 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home