iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Being Born in the 80's ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Being Born in the 80's ...
J.t.
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3837

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for J.t.   Email J.t.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being born in the 80's can u still have appreciation for movies that were released before u were born?
Posts: 11 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
certainly.
i appreciate most of what cinema had to offer way before i was born...stuff from the 50s, 60s, and 70s. i was born in '79 so i was still a young kid in the 80s and my teen years were in the 90s. but i enjoy the 80s way more. i also welcome whatever still may come from today on...

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80s movies and music appeal to me more and hold more fun times than any other part of my life.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trillium
Rewind Curious
Member # 3841

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Trillium   Email Trillium   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely, I was a child of the 80's but alot of my absolute favorite movies like Ode to Billy Joe, Lost Horizon, The Wiz etc.(as well as television shows: M*A*S*H, Good Times...) came out in the 70's.

[ 14. February 2005, 23:04: Message edited by: Trillium ]

Posts: 7 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Point of fact, there are several posters on these forums who were born in the 90's but still appreciate the 80's, so yeah those of us old enough to remember the 80's can appreciate the work of yesteryear.

Only this week I was thrilled to buy It's A Wonderful life for only £1.

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was born in 1972 but my favorite band is The Beatles who broke up 2 years earlier. One of my favorite films is Gone with the wind which was made in 1939.
Decades don't matter as long as you enjoy it

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brode   Author's Homepage   Email Brode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was born in 1986, and I've constructed blueprints to a flux capacitor to get me to 1981. Most of my favorite bands reigned from 85-92. And most of all, I can stand airhead rockers more than whiny emokids.

It really sucks to feel out of touch with your own generation. I'm caught behind the times and I'm still 18, for god's sakes.

Posts: 267 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think most kids born in the late 80's to 90's appreciate 80's films because that's what they watched as children. I mean, you don't just rent newer movies when you're at the video store--The movies you rent are probably recent, but about five years old at the time you rent them. When I was a kid, we watched Little Monsters, which came out in '89--And I'm sure other movies I watched came out in '89 or earlier simply because that's what was out at the time.

Take it from me. I was born in '89 and I still appreciate the 80's, so I think you're okay. [Smile]

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was born in the late '60s and I love movies from every era. I even like classic silent movies like Douglass Fairbanks in Robin Hood , Zorro and all those pirate movies he cranked out in the silent era. I love Casablanca, The Treasure of the SIerra Madre (and just about anthing with Bogie or the Duke in it) and all those cheesy sci-fi "B' movies from the '50s. I love gangster movie, especially ones with Cagney in them. I love everything that Ray Harryhausen (sp) did form Earth Vs. The Flying Sausers and Mighty Joe Young to Clash Of The Titans. I like the cliffhanger serials from the '30s throught the '50s like Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon (both starring Larry "Buster' Crabbe who later played Tarzan) and the Commando Cody serials. I watch It's A Wonderful Life and A Christmas Story every Christmas I said it before...I am just a movie FREAK!
I love movies of all eras and all genres. I'll give any movie a chance once. There's not a whole lot I don't like.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home