iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Favorite Harrison Ford Films?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favorite Harrison Ford Films?
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have we done Harrison Ford yet?

In honor of the rewind's movie focus: Harrison Ford, what are your favorite Ford movies?
In the 80s, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom was one of the 1st vhs tapes I had owned, and is my fave out of the Indie Jones movies.

I still have to see Blade Runner all the way through. I fell asleep on it the first time I sat down to watch it.

Moving on to the 90's... Presumed Innocent was great IMO. I can watch that movie, everytime it's on. And of course, one of the best roles I think he's ever done, Dr. Kimble in The Fugitive. Him and Tommy Lee (Jones, that is) were fantastic in this one!

I catch Hollywood Homicide often on the Starz channel, it's pretty funny, and passes the time.

Someone mentioned here that Random Hearts was a monster let-down, and I couldn't agree more. Hated it.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brode   Author's Homepage   Email Brode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Star Wars? Or Graffiti? Or Apocalypse Now?
Posts: 267 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought he was great in What lies Beneath, it was great to see him as a villain.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brode:
No Star Wars? Or Graffiti? Or Apocalypse Now?

i like the guy loads, but i named the stuff that stick out for ME. yes he was great in star wars, & american graffiti, i never saw apocalypse now. i don't want to name everything he has done, to give others a chance to come up with his other characters that they might enjoy.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last weekend, one of my local TV stations were showing "Witness" (1985). And I kept watching it. I saw it once before as a rented VHS in the late 80's.

It's a great movie! [Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite 2 Ford movies are Raiders Of The Lost Ark and The Empire Strikes Back. (These also happen to be my favorite movies of all time, period!)
I also liked him a lot in Blade Runner, The Tom Clancy movies he did and Air Force One.
Has anyone else seen Force 10 From Naverone? That was a pretty cool one with him too. He's one of my favorite actors.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I like a lot of Harrison Ford's movies...let's see in no particular order--Indiana Jones Temple of Doom and Raiders of the Lost Ark--Air Force One--Witness--Presumed Innocent also.

He is just awesome all around!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheriff J.W. Pepper
unregistered

2 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Frisco Kid
| Site Updates: 2 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frisco Kid.... Bwahahahahaha. I forgot about tha one!
Gene Wilder and Harrison Ford in the old west!

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Denise Jenner
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3152

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Denise Jenner   Email Denise Jenner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked him in star wars,indiana jones and witness.He has always been a great actor and he will be remembered as one for along time to come.
Posts: 19 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would go with Blade Runner and Star Wars.

I've never really rated him as a great actor, he's just good at what he does.

Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Above is Canyoudigits last post. I wonder where they went.
ROTLArk
SixDays Seven nights also

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Frantic.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got 2 of Harrison's movies that I've never seen before queued on my rental list,neither are 80s,one is Hanover street from 1979 and the other is regarding henry from 1991,anyone seen either of these 2.

Any good?

My favourite Harrison ford movie is probably witness,I did like patriot games a lot as well.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have seen Regarding Henry. Nothing fantastic but worth watching for sure. It's one of those 'value consistent' type movies. It's worth at least a watch I think, but don't expect anything to over exciting.

Witness is great [Cool]

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cheers bernie i'll definitely check it out,there's a few of harrison fords movies i've never seen i need to check out - the mosquito coast, presumed innocent and the frisco kid are 3 i can think of off the top of my head.
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anyone's heard, he's in apparently serious negotiations to come back as Solo for the announced Episodes VII-IX, or at least VII. DO you think he'd still work in the role at this point and age?
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home