iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What are you Watching???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What are you Watching???
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Instead of what are you listening to, I thought we could list what we are watching...

I think we did something before about what movies are you watching, but sometimes you can be watching other things than movies, and I was just curious as to what everyone gets into watching.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just finished watching Little Britain which is one of the funniest sketch shows I have ever seen...

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched a brilliant documentary about D-Day on the History Channel. It was based on using the allied ariel recon photographs to picture together an accurate, 3-d map of the beaches and then they reconstructed elements as they followed individual soldiers, sailors and airmen on a kind of day I hope I never have to face.
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm watching my weight
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ha stitch!

i am watching thorn birds on dvd tonight. last week, i got through side A of the first disc. i can't believe that miniseries is over 20 years old. i have never watched it all the way through, but i have seen a great portion of it on cable over the years. it's one of my mother's favorites.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just watching the Croc Diaries on Animal Planet.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am watching Striptease. I actually thought that this movie was funny. I cannot believe how in shape that Demi was for this role. I wish I had her drive. I don't think she is quite as muscley now but she has the same hair style that she did in the movie. Can't believe that she is still with Ashton Kutcher.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maurer97
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3794

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for maurer97     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
American Chopper
Posts: 82 | From: jail | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brode   Author's Homepage   Email Brode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched A Knight's Tale on TBS, and I'll probably go catch the second half of Analyze This. Tomorrow I'm going to watch Back to the Future II, I'm thinking.
Posts: 267 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tonight I'm watching an encore showing of the premiere of "Lost". My god the first hour of that show was one of the most incredible things I've ever seen on TV. The effects were blockbuster movie quality!
I hope the rest of the series lives up to expectations.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watch "The Apprentice", with Donald Trump, a true business icon from the 80's. (And his hairstyle hasn't changed from the 80's either! [Smile] )

It is the only reality show worth watching, IMHO.

[Cool]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"3: The Dale Earnhardt Story" starring Barry Pepper. This is a great movie for any Earnhardt fan out there, but they get a few of the facts wrong in the movie...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Last Night I was watching HGTV's 10 Most Romantic Bedrooms....I only got half way through them, but they were hideously ugly, one had gold walls,and all pink furniture...that would make me sick to my stomach.

I wasn't feeling the romantic vibes off those rooms at all.

I was wondering about what anyone thought about watching TV in your bedroom, do most people have a TV in their bedroom? I fall asleep everynight with the TV on.

CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GOODFELLAS

For the 2nd time today on CINEMAX [Big Grin]

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Giancarlo
Master Rewinder
Member # 2774

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Giancarlo   Email Giancarlo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched "Solaris" directed by Steven Soderbergh;it was so boring that I absolutely need an overdose of Valley girl and Sixteen Candles to come back to life!
Posts: 119 | From: ITALY | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
We let this thread get buried, and I thought it was a good one.

I am not watching anything right now, but I want to...

but in the past few days I watched:

Closer-***spoilers***
I didn't like it, I thought Julia Roberts was a total sleaze to sleep with her husband she was suppose to be seperated from him and she was with Jude Law...she sleeps with him to get him to sign her divorce papers...I mean how nasty is that? If you actually loved that person (so said he...) and the girl moves on...and all you wanna do is sleep with her...and wreck her happiness...why would the girl want that guy for...and she turns around after thinking she's going to be happy with Jude Law, and then she stays with her husband....who she meet from Jude Law doing a joke...by him pretending he is a woman...and he gets this guy on the internet all hot and bothered and wanting to meet him (only the guy off the internet-who happens to be a doctor- thinks he's a girl) which should be a lesson to all internet relationships...it was all about sex, and nothing else...that was the only thing those 4 people wanted from each other, and it was plain gross. I mean if that is a realistic look at what relationships are like today...I am so glad I don't date.

No Deposit, No Return-I am still working on watching it...but so far it has been the best thing I have watched in a long long time.

My mom watched the movie Beyond the Sea with Kevin Spacey...she said it was really good...I had no clue what it was about, and from the title I thought it had something to do with the ocean...but it was about the life of Bobby Darren, he was a singer and was married to Sandra Dee. I didn't see it...but she liked it, so I actually thought about watching it.

We are thinking about renting Spanglish...I saw a really long preview for it- it almost was like watching the whole movie. Lupa said she liked it, has anyone else seen it, and what did you think???

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched "Vanilla Sky" last night. This is a love it or hate movie for most people. With Cameron Crowe, Tom Cruise, Jason Lee, and Kurt Russell you would think it was a can't miss movie. It missed with most people from the reviews I've seen though.

The story is way out there, but I enjoyed the acting and especially the music. The ending is Bobby Ewing, but as a person that has had some wicked nightmares in my day, I can relate.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Valley, I hated that movie.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brandon777
Master Rewinder
Member # 4014

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brandon777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got done watching LOTR Return of the King. Earlier, I watched an episode of Dream On and Bosom Buddies.
Posts: 239 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
I'm watching Big Brother 05 right now - this won't be a suprise to Anna, she knows I'm a tragic. Later I'm going to watch CSI and Rove, then when I go to bed I'll watch some Buffy on my laptop.

Last night we all sat down and watched Desperate Housewives. We've only got 5 episodes to go, and we are starting to put it all together... Mary Alice, Dana, Zach, Felicia, Mike.... the jigsaw pieces are falling into place.

The other night I watched a movie called "2000 maniacs" it was a so bad it's great horror movie from 1965

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Last night I watched "Little Darlings". I think it is a great summer movie.

I love when they steal the bus and Blondie's "One way or Another" is playing as they fly down the road.

It is actually really sad at the end, when Tatum O'Neal lies, and Kristy McNichol really did do it, and that's when they end up being friends. I like how it ends with her introducing her as her "best friend".

I think it is a great movie for teenagers, cause it is done in away that everyone can relate to.

I love the food fight.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home