iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » About Private School for Girls

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: About Private School for Girls
wolfen037
Rewind Curious
Member # 3784

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for wolfen037   Email wolfen037   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, I was so happy when I see the news from Barnes & Noble they have the dvd for this movie and it was going to be release on January, then all the sudden the dvd was out. What's up with that??
Posts: 3 | From: Palm Bay, Florida | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Ducks)
Here comes the Angry mob with pitchforks and torches!
There is a bunch of people on this message board who ordered it from AMAZON months ago and then got nothin' for their troubles. i'm sure they will be on here in moments telling you about how they got screwed!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralph Goodsen
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2413

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ralph Goodsen   Email Ralph Goodsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, thats what you get for ordering off amazon.com. I did it once...trust me, u do not want to know how many things went wrong and how little they did about correcting their own mistakes.
Posts: 67 | From: Sweden | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wolfen037 apparently you didn't read the fine print when you registered, so I will help you:

"Under no circumstances are you allowed to mention the canceled release of the Private School DVD, such behavior will result in Cindy Mancini crying like she did when her precious Bobby went off to Iowa and never called her."

[Big Grin]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ralph Goodsen:
Hey, thats what you get for ordering off amazon.com. I did it once...trust me, u do not want to know how many things went wrong and how little they did about correcting their own mistakes.

everyone has different experiences with amazon. i have only had good ones with them. but as far as private school goes, that is unbelievable. there should have been some kind of message from the movie company or amazon themselves, explaining what happened and why the movie was not being released. but if amazon had that information, i believe they would have posted something on the private school page. that's just a sad thing, to have pre-ordered the movie and then...nada.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also have had nothing but joy with AMAZON. I, however, am not one of the PRIVATE SCHOOL fans who got hosed by them.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be fair it was out of Amazon's control that the DVD got cancelled, DVDSoon.com still owe me for the money they took when I pre-ordered it (it was only $8 canadian so I'm not going to put much effort in chasing it up)

Online and bricks'n'mortar DVD stores are at the mercy of the distributors when it comes to releasing new DVDs, quite the distributors don't get the stock of a new release they ordered because the distributors don't tell them the release is delayed/canelled until after the initial release date.

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home