iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The notebook and other perfect valentine s movie :)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The notebook and other perfect valentine s movie :)
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys I was wondering how many of you actually saw this movie this past summer. I saw it and I feel inlove with it its a wonderful movie it was funny and romantic and for a movie made in todays time it was so wonderful and it comes out on dvd feb 8th just in time for valentines day and it made me start thinking what other movies are great valentine s movies in your opinions mine are
1 the notebook
2 bridges of madison county
3 can't buy me love
4 about last night
5 the sure thing
6 say anything

well thats all i think of at the moment [Smile] bye guys

Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It Could Happen to You
Bed of Roses
Fire with Fire
Liar's Moon

and of course the one I always watch...

My Bloody Valentine

[Big Grin]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keeping my list 80s exclusive (being as this IS an 80s message board...I just feel the need to remind people of that every so often since it seems like they forget that;)), I choose the following 2:

-"Crossing Delancey"
-"Electric Dreams"

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethrower

Ali with an i referred to me as the "board Gestapo" once...Well, I am part German. [Wink]

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know the bored is 80s [Smile] I just thought the notebook kinda had an 80s feel for just being such a good movie and I wanted to know what everyone else thought of it aswell [Smile] have a nice nite guys
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry, Rainbow...I was just having a little fun with my own reputation for being a hardliner around here.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
without a doubt...
'It could happen To You'
'Serendipity'
'Say Anything'
'Love Story'

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
oo jase i forgot about love story and serendipity [Smile]
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love Story I guess is the ultimate romance/weepie movie.Plus its kind'a fun to see Ryan O'Neal when he was slim haha.
glad you like Serendipity my ray of color. [Wink]

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
too bad you can't be my valentine smayt [Smile] that would totally rock
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
Just wait till Feb 14th sweetie.....
[Big Grin]

Rainbowbrite22
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
omg tomorrow its the first day of feb only 15 more days till my birthday starting tomorrow woo hoo [Smile]
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Moonstruck" is just the right mix of sap & sweetness.
Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christine is the ultimate love story between a boy and his car.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
sam you crack me up [Smile]
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
You can Love your car...
just don't LOVE your car. [Razz]

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smayt - what did you think exhaust pipes were for?

I have to hark back to the top of the page, though.... "Bridges Of Madison County"? Pur-leeze! And there was I thinking that people here had style. That movie just makes me shudder. A bit like (Sorry, John!) Titanic and American Beauty - they should be withdrawn and the master copies burnt!

OK - back to sweetness and light now!

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brode   Author's Homepage   Email Brode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some Kind of Wonderful is about the most over-sentimental movie I can watch.

High Fidelity is a nice relationship movie, John Cusack's "I don't want the fantasy" speech is quite nice.

I really need to watch Say Anything, though.

Posts: 267 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
hey bridges of madison county was a good movie [Razz] and i think its okay to like romance since there is such a lack of it now a days in movies except for the notebook it was great i can't wait till t comes out on dvd [Wink]
Rainbowbrite22
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
the notebook comes out in 3 days !! its so good guys you should atleast rent it [Smile]
flashback80's
Rewinder
Member # 3735

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for flashback80's   Author's Homepage   Email flashback80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think these would make good valentine movies

mad about mambo
when harry met sally
frankie and johnny
moonstruck

Posts: 47 | From: sydney | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
those are some good picks for valentine s day flashback

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home