iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never seen it, and I found it last weekend at a flea market, so I got it for my son, and we watched it last night, and I thought it was kind of cool. I wasn't sure if I would like it. I thought after watching it that I remember it got alot of flack for being too violent for a kids movie back when it came out, does anyone remember that?

I like their Turtle Lingo...with all the Awesome, and Radical, and Dude stuff, they were very 80's.

They must have been the reason Dominos Pizza took off in the 80's.

I never knew until last night that Jim Henson created the Turtles. Jim Henson was an awesome guy. It is funny how 1 guy could be responsible for so many really awesome creations, like he did over the years. There has been nobody else to be able to even come up with anything else in comparison, he was so cool.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay this movie just made me realize something. I think that the woman that played April in this film is currently starring in a commercial that I cannot think of the product for, but it is at a college graduation and she and another man stand up and are cheering and then realize that they are the only ones standing and sit back down. If I see it again I will try to see what it is for.

What I can't believe about it is that they still have toys that are around that you can buy. I guess maybe they are coming back like the Care Bears and Strawberry Shortcake has. Well we will see. I remember this kid I used to babysit absolutely loved the Turtles, now he is in Iraq fighting the war. It is crazy to see someone like that that has actually matured and grown out of the way that you used to remember them.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GraboidGirl
Rewinder
Member # 2368

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for GraboidGirl   Email GraboidGirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i loved it when it came out especially the song and now my son has it on dvd plus most of the new toys they are his fave we can`t seem to find the blimp though there`s always good ole ebay i suppose i could get him one from the days but your right isis here in england when the cartoon first come out the bbc called it teenage mutant hero turtles they thought the ninja bit was too violent hmmmm
x mel

Posts: 45 | From: Kent, England | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aaah, yes, a great movie made in 19*90*, [Wink] !

And the fact that for a long time they called it "Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles" in Europe goes to prove my saying:

Americans are uptight about sex and Europeans are uptight about violence.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OOPs.....sorry John, I could have swore it was 80's-the clothes the girl wore with the leggings and mini skirts and her hair style sure looked 80's.. I noticed it last night too, I looked it up to see who the girl was who played April...her name is Judith Hoag, I never saw her ever.

The guy that played KC Jones, he was funny.

The part that was kind of freaky was when the guy who turned out to be Shredder...when he killed Splinter's Master and his girlfriend, and then cut Splinter's ear off, that was kind of wicked for a kids movie.

I know there were sequels did anyone see them??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GremlinBreakfast
Rewind Gizmo
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for GremlinBreakfast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I remember right, I think it was just the cartoon show that changed its name to 'hero turtles' and not the movie. I may be mistaken though!

The BBFC did (any maybe still does to an extent) become slightly scared with violence; especially with headbuts and nunchakas - which the latter I guess is more evident in this movie than anything else I have seen.

I was never a big fan of the turtles movies though! Maybe it's because I hate pizza! [Big Grin] (I'm prepared for a backlash now!)

~grems!

Posts: 318 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, we have an old VHS copy at my house and the box is all torn up--But I love that movie. I saw the sequels when I was little, but I barely remember anything from them. Let's see . . . There was one where they did something with the green ooze that made them the way they are, and in the third one they went back in time. I don't THINK there was a fourth one, but you never know.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the secret of the ooze (sp) was the 2nd one, i like that one alot. remember vanilla ice and his homies singing "GO NINJA, GO NINJA GO!"
and in the 3rd one, they did go back in time. i don't care for that one too much. but of course, the 1st one is a classic.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never saw this movie, but perhaps I'd be interested in seeing it get "the bunny treatment"!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Bunnies?

[Cool]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thebazman
Master Rewinder
Member # 1741

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thebazman   Author's Homepage   Email thebazman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
man i love this movie, i think the movie was "ninja turtles" it was just the cartoon that was "hero turtles".

and about it being an 80's movies well it still is, technically from a historical point of view 1990 IS part of the 80's, the 90's didnt start till 1991.

good to be back, i havnt posted in over a year, its been good to read back through posts.

Baz

Posts: 142 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Hey Bazman....when I saw your post, I thought wow, you hadn't been around for a long time, what happened to you??

I am going to try find the 2nd Ninja Turtle Movie...I didn't know Vanilla Ice did music for it. When that movie came out, it was too "young" for me then, but now it is a good age for my son to see it.

I do still see the action figures in the stores, so they did have longevity. It is a wonder they don't remake it.

I mean seriously, they just did the movie Son of the Mask, and the previews for that look so hideous, I mean if they will remake a movie that I absolutely hated the first one, and make one that seems even worse...10 years later, then why not remake one that maybe kids might like.

Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brode   Author's Homepage   Email Brode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to watch this movie all the time when I was a kid.

What show was it that had a bunch of characters pop into the "War and Peace" scene in TMNT? I recall it happening and me laughing hard, but I don't recall which show it was. I remember a group of characters like peeked out a manhole and then got frightened and went back. Anyone know?

Posts: 267 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're thinking of a scene from National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1. Emilio Estevez happens upon the Turtles' lair while trying to infilitrate the bad guys (it's too complicated to explain in detail).

That aside, I think they did a reasonably good job bringing the Turtles to life here. And the sequels hold up well too, which says a lot. The character design Jim Henson's Creature Shop came up for the them was impressive even back in 1990, and still holds up well today. I just wish it was more readily available in stores.

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brode   Author's Homepage   Email Brode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You're thinking of a scene from National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1. Emilio Estevez happens upon the Turtles' lair while trying to infilitrate the bad guys (it's too complicated to explain in detail).
Haha thanks alot! That was driving me insane everytime I thought about it.
Posts: 267 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home