iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Running on Empty

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Running on Empty
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay I bought this dvd for like 5 bucks not knowing what to expect. I watched it the other night and I was happily surprised. What a great film. There were so many cool things about it.

Granted, Judd Hirsch's character was a bit over the top, but he and Christine Lahti did a great job as the parents, who only wanted the best for their children.

The whole friendship between River Phoenix and Martha Plimpton was beautiful. Also, the music aspect of it with the piano and Juilliard was just excellent. I read somewhere that River actually played the piano for this movie. Let me just say as someone who's been playing piano since age 4, the two pieces featured (one by Mozart, one by Beethoven) are not easy by any means. So cool!! See this if you haven't. You won't be sorry. [Wink]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good pick Cindy! I always loved this one. I saw it on cable a few months ago. River was great at the dramas like this. The song always gets in my head......there it is now....haha... [Big Grin]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindy this is a great movie. River is outstanding as the young son who has to choose between his family and a life not on the run. Always remember that the choices you make early in life can effect you & your future kids forever.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never seen this movie, but it is my Uncle's favorite all time movie, and he is always saying to watch it.

I would definately watch it if I ever came across it somewhere.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I saw the thread I was hoping you'd be talking about the Jackson Browne album of the same name.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home