iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » How 'bout this: BTTF in the 2010's and '80s

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How 'bout this: BTTF in the 2010's and '80s
SouthernKat
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3239

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SouthernKat   Author's Homepage   Email SouthernKat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well,

Just in case you're wondering: Marty McFly from 2015 gets sent back to 1985. It would be quite ironic, wouldn't it?

One thing is for sure, there are lots of authenticity experts on this board for the look and feel of the 1980's!

And here is a possible exchange between Doc Brown and Marty: "So tell me, FutureBoy, who is President of the United States in 2015?"

Marty: Arnold Schwartzenegger.

Doc Brown: ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER? The bodybuilder? Hah!! He isn't even American!

SouthernKat

Posts: 51 | From: Altamonte Springs Florida | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's really cute!!! I like that idea. I would love to see another movie made that takes place in the 80's, that really cheeses up the 80's fashion, not to the point of making fun of it, but making it real, and making you have doubt what year it is, that would be way cool.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thelostgirl
Rewind Curious
Member # 3738

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Thelostgirl   Email Thelostgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing of it is.is that the 80's fashions are back ...........first the 70's during the 90's and now were heading into the 80's fashion the skirts the leg warmers the chucky jewely with scutched hair instead of the aqua net hair ...........every thing metallica is coming back too!
Posts: 1 | From: Philly | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is really funny because you know in another 10 years these are the exact kind of movies that we are going to get see. It will be so surreal to sit back and watch a particular time in history that you actually lived through and remembered what went on. I actually am longing for films that take us back 30 years to live again in the 80s.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the good thing JLP is that we're getting a teeny bit of it now. Like Wedding Singer, 200 Cigs, Freaks and Geeks, Do Over. A few ppl our age are getting in charge of studios and thankfully have nostalgia.

But I think the 80s were so far ahead of themselves, that someone from 2010 wouldn't be too upset. The fashions would probly stick out, but there were VCRs, Cable, sex, violence, and language in movies. Not too much different from now. Just no internet, cellphones, or dvds.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home