iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Polaroid Pictures

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Polaroid Pictures
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the late 70's and early 80's, it seemed that everyone had a Polaroid camera. I remember we were fascinated with ours. I was looking at some of my mom's old photo albums and I realized how there were years and years of nothing but Polaroids of our family.

I remember we were so entertained by watching the picture develop, does anyone else remember using them? I guess they kind of were a fad. We still have one, and never use it, but I still think they are neat.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH we still have one that we use to take pictures of every once in a while here at work of cars. The film is so expensive and if you aren't taking a picture of a still life then you could be wasting the film. We have a lot of polaroids in our family albums as well. I guess it was a fad. I remember when my dad would take the pictures he would put them in his shirt pocket because he said it made them develop faster. I don't know if there is any truth in that or not.

I remember it was fun to watch the picture come to life. Kind of that philosophy a watched pot doesn't boil thing. I think they would have stayed more popular if the film wasn't so expensive. You can actually still buy the cameras. Someone must be buying them for them to keep making them.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
POLAROIDS are mostly what i use. i have 2 of them, very nice ones. something about polaroids that i have always liked.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is true I think about the picture in the pocket thing, because of it being darker in there, my Grandpa use to do that too.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Polaroids were for the posh people in my neck of the woods. We had a camera you had to attach the flash to(it was like holding flood light pylon) the flash would've blown Gizmo in two.
Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fairytayle_ending
Rewind Curious
Member # 3716

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for fairytayle_ending         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love those poleroid cameras! i have a picture of my dad somwhere with my him and catherine zeta jones, i thik that was taken on a poleroid!! he has no idea where that picture is now though!... shame!
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before digital cameras came around Polaroids were the only way one could take nude pics unless they developed their own film.

*note to self: Buy a Polaroid Camera*

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
You mean you don't own 3??? [Razz]
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SSHHHHHHHHHH
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sam Hain 666 wrote:
quote:
Before digital cameras came around, Polaroids were the only way one could take nude pics unless they developed their own film.
Yeah, you don't want to be caught having nude pics developed in some supermarket's photo lab! You never know what they might do with them!
[Eek!]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Steven, now you just went and told everyone what you do for a living... [Wink] [Big Grin] [Wink]
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somewhere around here is a polaroid from a Whitesnake concert my family went to back in the day.
Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting nudes developed is bad?? Nothing like the look on the face of the guy/gal that developed them when you pick 'em up. [Eek!]
Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried taking nude pictures but they were always over exposed.

Sorry peeps that was a bad one.

Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's why you never take your nude pictures to be developed to a drug store, or supermarket,where you are known to shop there frequently(like in your neighborhood). You take them across town to be developed,and then you have a friend, or a co-worker ,to drop the pictures off to be developed. Then have somebody else to pick them up,the pics are sealed closed so whoever picks them up wont be able to sneek-a-peek,without having to open the whole thing. Or you can do like Samhain 666 said...Use A Poloroid camera.
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home