iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie of the day--Romancing the Stone

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie of the day--Romancing the Stone
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I have to say that I just love this movie. I love the adventure, romance, and comedy. Joan Wilder (Kathleen Turner) goes on a wild adventure to Columbia to help her sister who have been captured by a bunch of wacky treasure hunters. Along the way she encounters Jack T. Colten (Michael Douglas) who helps find the treasure and then find her sister. Hilarious supporting role by Danny DeVito as he follows the duo around Columbia trying to get the map from them. I just can't say enough good things about this one. I was a little disappointed in the sequal, maybe because it was set in the desert.

Anyway--What are your memories of this flick?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked this movie a lot too when it came out. That whole period of time had King Solomon's Mines, Indian Jones, even Simon LeBon dressed up as explorer in the Hungry Like the video. Devito was hilarious, and loved the chemistry between Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner. It was kind of the same opposites attract vibe as what made Better Off Dead so enjoyable.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm more of a fan of the theme song to the movie [Big Grin]

"Romancing The Stone" by Eddy Grant

I'm romancing the stone...everynight and everyday [Big Grin]

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Funny you say that CT. I was just thinking, "How terrible was that video?"

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A great & enjoyable comedy-romance romp...lots of funny lines...both leads were at their physical prime...didn't they look gorgeous together, dancing in the cantina scene?

The sequel was a "jewel" too, but there was an extra-special edge to RTS.

~T for Trustworthy

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massiveretaliation
Master Rewinder
Member # 950

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for massiveretaliation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This movie is definitely in my top 10. It's always on TV and even though I own it, I always watch. [Big Grin] I found a video store mobile for it on Ebay!
Posts: 168 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home