iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » horror movie of the night Near Dark

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: horror movie of the night Near Dark
rhodes
Ace Rewinder
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for rhodes   Email rhodes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A romantic vampire western... well sort of. This has a pretty stupid ending and a few boring romance scenes but all in all you've probably never seen another movie like this. Would've been a million times better if there were more scenes like the one where the family of vampires take out a whole bar of rednecks. But that scene alone makes this definitely worth checking out

CAPTAIN RHODES

Posts: 434 | From: nevada | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great vampire movie. i thought it was a bit different from any other vampire movie i have seen.
i like the character of diamondback, she was great. but i find the kid who played homer to be creepy as heck. it's been said here on the rewind how odd ppl think he is. maybe he's just a good actor, but his roles have always been strange.

i agree rhodes, with the "romantic vampire western." good way to put it.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It definetly was a lost classic of it's time. Not making it a traditional vampire movie certainly helped give it it's charm. Lance Henriksen was cool in the movie, was he the voice of Auptomas Prime in Transformers by chance?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slayathon
Rewind Curious
Member # 3752

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for slayathon   Author's Homepage   Email slayathon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We fought real hard to find the original print to get this to dvd and so well worth it
Posts: 8 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
slayathon, you had something to do with the US DVD release?
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home