iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » MANIAC COP {1988}

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MANIAC COP {1988}
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

This is one of those slasher type horrors,that nobody has really yet to mention. I've seen all three MANIAC COP but i like this one thee best!.... MANAIC COP tell the story of Matt Cordell a former NYPD officer sent to an Alcatraz-style jail for getting too carried away in dispensing tough justice. Matt Cordell is Attacked and left for dead by some inmates while serving his sentance in prison. Cordell survies the brutal attack,and is somehow smuggled out by the Coroner,and thus the Killing Begins..... MANIAC COP starring Tom Atkins(HALLOWEEN III)as Detective Frank McCrane, and Bruce Campbell(EVIL DEAD I & II)as Jack Forrest, who was framed and arrested for a series of gruesome murders,and believed to be the MANIAC COP that's killing innocent law abiding citizens in New York. Witness claims that the killer was a large white male,wearing a NYPD uniform. Tagline: You Have The Right To Remain Silent.....Forever!

This is a Cult Classic...What ever that means [Confused] All i know is that Matt Cordell is one SCARY M F!....Anybody else recalls seeing this movie? and if so did you care for it much?

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guess nobody has seen this movie [Confused]
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved this movie the first time I saw it but unfortunately it doesn't stand the test of time too well.

Definitely worth a look if you've never seen it but please, consider it a personal favour to me, avoid the sequels...

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhodes
Ace Rewinder
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for rhodes   Email rhodes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoyed the first one,would agree that the sequels suck..
Posts: 434 | From: nevada | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve
Master Rewinder
Member # 1933

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Steve   Author's Homepage   Email Steve   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also Liked the first one when it first came out and then a few months ago I bought it on DVD and watched it again and it didn't seem as good.
Posts: 161 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
I think it's time for a remake of this film,i would go and see it,if it was remade.
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw it,CT! BRUCE CAMPBELL IS DA MAN!!!!!
the first ones not bad but part two they sorta lost me.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
[Eek!] I'm Shocked Mamamiasweetpeaches!

I can't believe you seen this movie [Cool]

That's my kind of WOMAN!!!!! I like your taste in movies [Big Grin]

Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CT:
I think it's time for a remake of this film,i would go and see it,if it was remade.

It's one of Tarantino's all time fav movies so you never know.

I'm with Nom's great first time around but it has aged very badly. Lustigs other movie Maniac on the other hand is still as intense as it ever weas.

Also Vigilante is another great Lustig movie, and for me his best.

Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read a magazine article (See? I know how to read too!) in, I think, ROLLING STONE where Bruce Campbell reviewed movies he had been in. I was surprised I had missed so many so I bought a few of them. MANIAC COP was one of them.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
Hey Canyoudigit is this the movie you were talking about:

-

I have never seen this one...But i wont too [Big Grin]

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
MANIAC was on cable a few months ago and I taped it...but somehow missed the last half hour of it.It was decent I guess.....will have to see the end one of these days.
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
Next Times It Comes On Cable Mamamiasweetpeaches,please let me know. I have all the movie channels,so i should be able to catch it.
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the one, you really gotta see the uncut version. Joe Spinell is excellent and Caroline looks rather nice. In fact both these two teamed up for another slasher pic The Last Horror Show and this is also well worth tracking down.
Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noikz
Master Rewinder
Member # 1000

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for noikz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maniac Cop was great. I remember renting the VHS back in the day. Gteat atmosphere but not to be taken too seriously. picked it up on DVD a while back for a couple of quid. [Smile]
Posts: 239 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
I was reading up on.. MANIAC

And the review that i read said that..It was a "grusome gore fest"....and that Scalping was involved? lot's of Blood & Gore [Big Grin] [Smile] [Smile] [Big Grin] ......I gotta see this movie. Is it that good?

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mamamiasweetpeaches I saw an article on Bruce Campbell in Entertainment magazine where he reviewed several of his movies. He said "Maniac Cop", "Evil Dead" & "Army Of Darkness" are the movies he is best known for in his career. They called him the B-Movie King!

I remember him in "Waxwork II", he is actually a pretty good actor.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Maybe that was the article I read. I know it was right around the time he made the cameo in SPIDERMAN 2.

MANIAC actually be worth renting or buying a cheap used copy cuz now that I think about it.....maybe I saw it on AMC or one of those ones where they edit the **** outta everything.

Its plot is pretty much this guy who goes around scalping women....he like dresses up a mannequin with the hair and stuff. He has bigtime "Mommy issues". It's a real gritty "I need to take a bath after watching it" movie.(But if I see ads on cable that its coming up I'll let you know.)

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home