iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » VACATION!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VACATION!!!!
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm on vacation this week, so what is your favorite vacation movie to watch? I mean this question both ways, which movie about being on vacation do you enjoy the most from the 80's and which movie do you love to pull out and enjoy when you're on a stay-in-town vacation?

Vacation Movie:

"Spring Break" (1983)

I enjoyed this cheesy movie and guess what my spring break in 1984 was very similar to this movie. I was senior in high school and we went to Ft. Lauderdale and Daytona Beach that year. Thinking back it seemed so natural, but now that I'm older, I'm like what were my parents thinking. Did they have a huge insurance policy on Valley he didn't know about or something? It was a Crazy Cool trip fer sure and it was all about being young and having fun.

Movie I always watch on Vacation:

Well no surprise it's two movies, "Valley Girl" (I know so obvious) and "****tail" (Can't be printed here). I love this beach movie to take me on a trip while on a stay-at-home vacation.
The scenes with Elisabeth Shue in Jamaica Mon are awesome. [Cool] No Pressure, No Problem Mon. [Smile]

What would be your vacation movie choices?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good topic Valley! First of all, enjoy your vacation [Smile] ! Yay! As for my "vacation" movie, I would have to say Blame In On Rio. I love the whole feel of the movie and especially the house they're staying in. So tropical!! [Razz]
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That has just freaked me out Cindy.....I was talking bout blame it on Rio at work the other day, and saying how I love that film and it hasnt been on tv in ages, and surprise surprise, no one I work with knew of it at all.

I'm partial to a bit of Blue lagoon too, I loved it when i was a kid, although now I'm older,my question is how come brooke hasnt got hairy legs and armpits???....are there lady shaves in the coconuts?? [Confused]

Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul_pci
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3670

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Paul_pci         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While N.L.'s Vacation is a classic, I just love Club Paradise. Eugene Levy and Rick Moranis make a great comedy combo. Too funny.

Paul.

Posts: 16 | From: The Valley | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know lately I feel like everyday is vacation. I have been wanting to watch all of my favorites like About Last Night..., Adventures in Babysitting, Clue, you name it 80s and I am there. I have also really been obsessed with Peter Sellers lately. In fact I am watching Return of the Pink Panther right now.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go Goof, you deserve a vacation- [Wink]

I have been thinking vacation too lately...we have been planning our summer one, and just tonight I decided I'd go to Arizona to visit my Aunt, everyone talked me in to taking the plunge, so I think we are going to figure out the dates here this week, and go for it!

Anyway....there are lots of movies that I think of when it comes to Vacations...but I think one of my favorites (and it isn't 80's..) is
What About Bob?

Take a Vacation from your problems...

I love that movie, I love the house in that movie.

Other Vacation movies to me are Little Darlings and Meatballs, even though they are camp movies-it was still during summer vacation....

are you ready for the summer....are you ready for the birds and bees...and a whole lot of foolin around....

On Golden Pond is also kind of a vacation movie too.

Enjoy your week off!!

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Summer Rental is a personal favorite of mine. And The Great Outdoors.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bump
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kenkobra   Email kenkobra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't go wrong with The Breakfast Club.
Posts: 224 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MIKE THE PIPER
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9873

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MIKE THE PIPER   Author's Homepage   Email MIKE THE PIPER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOVE summer rental ! My kids do too

Another vacation movie that I have that's completely unrelated is "Fraternity Vacation" and "Spring Break".

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home