iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Best Swayze Movie Ever...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best Swayze Movie Ever...
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steel Dawn!!!!
 -

Yup, I spoke the two words that everybody else wanted to but nobody dared.

I know its the big cheese but I just don't care!!!

Bring on the rebuttles!!!

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The two words you should have used were - Dirty and Dancing!!!!!......girls V's boys...although a mutual appreciation must go out to the orange mobile ads in the cinema..."nobody puts Swayze in a corner....i had the time of my life Patrick"......genius
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's Funny Noms [Cool]

Cause I Like Swayze In... RED DAWN

And I Thought Red Dawn & Steel Dawn Was The Same Movie When I Saw The First Pic, You Just Posted.. Then I Saw The Second Pic And I Figued Out That This Is A Totally Different Movie. But I Will Be Checking This Movie Out Cuz, I Never Saw Steel Dawn Before, And He Looks Likes He Kick Some A*S In The Movie

-

[ 07. January 2005, 09:04: Message edited by: CT ]

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is so funny because I have never had the pleasure of seeing this movie. I would have to say that my favs of his would have to be Ghost and Dirty Dancing, oh also Roadhouse!!!! Maybe even Roadhouse first.

One thing about Swayze that you have just gotta love is the hair!! I think that he is one actor that is due for a comeback, like how Travolta made it back with Pulp Fiction and Get Shorty.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should be just the right demographic to have been a lifelong fan, but the Swayze Mystique escapes me...can you say 'weenie' any louder?
Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GremlinBreakfast
Rewind Gizmo
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for GremlinBreakfast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I would have to say 'Donnie Darko,' even though I love-to-hate his character and that he isn't in the movie all that much!

Oh and its not 80's either... does that matter?! [Wink]

~grems!

EDIT: I know the movie was set in the 80's too! My question was for when the movie was released!

[ 07. January 2005, 12:12: Message edited by: GremlinBreakfast ]

Posts: 318 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Byank
Rewind Curious
Member # 3628

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Byank   Email Byank   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ghost and Dirty Dancing...definetly...
Posts: 4 | From: Bucharest | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhodes
Ace Rewinder
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for rhodes   Email rhodes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NOMS that cover of Steel Dawn belongs on

THE
RUTHLESS GUIDE
TO 80s ACTION Homoeroticism:

CAPTAIN RHODES [Big Grin] [Karate Kid]

Posts: 434 | From: nevada | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's my vote for Youngblood.
Watching it even more this year now that it looks like no NHL this year.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNUC
Master Rewinder
Member # 3594

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TNUC   Author's Homepage   Email TNUC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone have any good pictures like the one above but of ROADHOUSE???
Posts: 193 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

Happy to oblige...

-

Noms [Cool]

Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

Of course, the whole point of this thread has been totally missed.

I did not want to start a debate on what other people thought was the best Swayze movie ever, I wanted to find out what others thought of Steel Dawn!!

Oh well, back to the drawing board [Roll Eyes]

Noms [Cool]

Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
loved Roadhouse and Red Dawn, and would even go as far as saying that Ghost was good too, but THE OUTSIDERS was his best. The supporting cast was awesome as well. anyone want to 'rumble' over that? [Big Grin]
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhodes
Ace Rewinder
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for rhodes   Email rhodes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
but THE OUTSIDERS was his best. The supporting cast was awesome as well. anyone want to 'rumble' over that?
quote:

If your a teenage girl you should love this movie

CAPTAIN RHODES [Karate Kid]

Posts: 434 | From: nevada | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Noms, you should've titled it "THIS IS THE best Swayze movie ever"...

Speaking for myself, I'm a "Road House" man. A big, stupid, bi-sexual guy movie...If you go in expecting trash, you'll be pleased. I know I was.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethrower

Well, bi-sexual was Ruthless Guide's terminology.

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kenkobra   Email kenkobra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would have to go will Red Dawn also.

-

wait wrong movie....I mean this one....

-

Posts: 224 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RonaldMcdonaldMiller
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3657

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for RonaldMcdonaldMiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really liked Red Dawn when it came out. Real good movie
Posts: 27 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home