iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movies that were almost named something else

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movies that were almost named something else
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is in honor of the Adventures in Babysitting post by newcomer Steve. In that post he asks why Adventures in Babysitting was named A Night on the Town for the television version that was shown in his country.

I don't know many others that almost had other names and if they had would they have been as popular.

Like I think I had heard at one time that Sixteen Candles was going to be named something else, but I am not for sure.

Do you know of any other movies that were almost named something else? :D

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've read on here that Valley Girl has two other different titles:

"Bad Boyz" And Sometimes "Rebel Dreams"

I hav'nt found any of these other titles for Valley Girl yet but i'm still looking

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had a massive thread on this same subject ages ago didnt we?????? [Confused]
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Confused] -I Don't Know

I don't remember it if we did.

You have to admitt that it is hard to think of something from the '80s that has'nt already been discussed on here before. That why i mostly post to other members topics [Big Grin]

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry if it is a repeat thread for some of you, but if it was ages ago then some of us might still be interested in this topic.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The previous thread was called "Also Known As" and if I recall it was commenced by the smartest, wittiest, sexiest and most awesome rewinder these boards have ever seen [Wink]

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Noms. [Cool]
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOLOL, Val!

Nah, I don't remember that thread, but good topic, though, JLP.

The big one for me was the original title of BTTF. I kid you not, the head honcho at Universal wanted to call it "Space Man From Pluto". Apparently this is the name of the comic book in George's room when "Darth Vader" appears before him. Fortunately, Zemeckis and Gale fought hard enough to change it.

Cant Buy Me Love was known as "Boy Rents Girl", clever.

I think Ferris Buellers Day Off was called "Joyride".

Silent Night, Deadly Night was "Slayride".

Big Trouble in Little China was "The Further Adventures of Buckarai Bonzai" until I think Peter Weller dropped out.

Vacation was called "Walley World".

To name a few.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Sean Connery sci-fi thriller from the early 80's called "Outland", was originally titled "Io", after the planet it takes place on.

That title was changed to avoid confusion with the Dudley Moore/Bo Derek movie, "10". [Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...And Footloose was gonna be called "Cheek to Cheek" [Smile]
Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home