iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie of the Day--Her Alibi

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie of the Day--Her Alibi
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I have got this one on right now and I have to say that I think it is actually a pretty funny flick. It stars Tom Selleck as a writer who gets involved with a woman who is suspected of murder. It kind of reminds me of a Blake Edwards film of the 80s. It also stars Paulina Poriskova, William Daniels, and James Farentino.

I am kind of surprised that I haven't seen Paulina in anything else, she did a pretty good job in this film. The only other thing that I even know of her is from being on the Sports Illustrated cover. I love all of the antics of the film that are carried off by Tom Selleck.

My favorite part of the movie is when all of the people eat food that she made and then think that they have been poisoned because the cat winds up dead. Very well executed scene by all of those involved.

Does anyone else have a fondness for this forgotten flick?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one is going to bite on this one????
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried the other day, but then my PC decided to have a hissy fit and I had to go away for a little cry.....

I really like this movie - not least because Paulina is a really good looking female, but also because it shows Tom Selleck being a real wuss!

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Her Alibi yesterday.

It was a highly entertaining romantic action-comedy directed by Bruce Beresford ( Puberty Blues etc.)

Tom Selleck was great and Paulina Porizkova ( Portfolio ) so cute.
William Daniels was excellent as Selleck´s manager and had some of the best lines in the film.
Liliana Komorowska was so beautiful as Laura, i wish she´d had a bigger role.

I loved that big country house Selleck had (This was shot in Baltimore, Maryland).
Such a wonderful place!

Nice romance, stupid villains and some clever author/writer´s block jokes.
Good stuff!

Her Alibi movie trailer

Her Alibi was called Nina´s Alibi here in Finland
 -

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Really likable Comedy this which I hadn't watched for years Infact I think the last time that I actually watched it was upon its original home video release.

It's got some great laughs here and there and like Jessie The Sunflower Goddess above I found the scene with the dead cat really amusing as I did the scene where Tom Selleck gets an arrow shot into his backside whilst he is on the phone to the police chief - https://youtu.be/pS0usesN-r0

Yeah I agree about his Country house Atomik it was something else,also the three Romanian goons that were after her acted so idiotic you just couldn't help but laugh at it all and then come the finale where they get hit by everything from custard pies to juggling pins I thought was great fun!

I'd seen actor William Daniels many times before on screen but I kept thinking to myself what Us series had I seen him in (or in this case heard him in) but I had to look it up on IMDB in the end and of course I remember now he was the voice of Kitt the car in Knight Rider.

Yeah overall really good fun and my wife who had never seen it before also said how much she enjoyed it!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched about half of this movie once a long time ago. So I forgot it even existed until seeing this post. I honestly don't remember anything about it or if I enjoyed what I saw of it back then. So will have to give it a real watch through sometime if I can find it. I do remember back when I did try watching this the only thing about Paulina Porizkova I was familiar with was her appearance in the "Drive" video by The Cars, and of course her modeling work in the swimsuit magazines back in the day. I never knew she was a legit actress.

[ 13. February 2017, 21:20: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nostalgic for the '80's
Ace Rewinder
Member # 37454

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Nostalgic for the '80's   Email Nostalgic for the '80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good reminder - I never saw this film. I'll have to check it out if I can.

IIRC, Rick Ocasek (lead singer of the cars) is married to the tall model Paula P.

Here's a link to the great video for the song "Drive":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuZA6qiJVfU

[ 16. February 2017, 21:17: Message edited by: Nostalgic for the '80's ]

Posts: 400 | Registered: Sep 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home