iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie of the Day: Big

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie of the Day: Big
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well let's talk Tom Hanks today! His oscar nominated performance as Josh Baskin a 13 year old boy who gets his wish and becomes a grown adult. Hilarious supporting performances by Elizabeth Perkins, John Heard, Jared Rushton, and Merecedes Ruhel.

My favorite scene is when he attends the party and eats caviar and is so disgusted that he asks for a milkshake. That is absolutely priceless. I also like how believable he is when he gets scared staying in the big city all by himself.

What are your fond memories of this Tom Hanks classic?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the movie that helped propel Hanks from an actor in movies/TV shows like Bachelor Party and Bosom Buddies to the superstar that he is today. I thought he was very believable as a child inside an adults body. His facial expressions portrayed so much innocence.

The classic scene of this movie is the floorpad keyboard in the toy store where they play chopsticks with their feet.

Great movie.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite scene is the piano scene that Sam mentioned. I also liked the whole toy store sequence where they were running around and squirting crazy glue and stuff. This movie was so much fun to watch.
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Big!!!!!!!

one of my favorite parts.....

"I want to spend the night with you
Do you mean sleep over?
yeah
Well, okay... but I get to be on top"

Great movie!!! [Big Grin] ........"shimmy shimmy coco pop...shimmy shimmy rock"

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big is awesome!! Tom Hanks does a great job playing his character. I like it when he wakes up and he has to put on his dad's clothes and try to sneak out of the house. Then he tries to come back later and his mom doesn't believe it's him!! Then when he was in the limo playing with all of the buttons!! That was funny!!
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Saw Big in the movies. Some great lines in the movie. Him singing Memory to his mom at his job is my favorite.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GremlinBreakfast
Rewind Gizmo
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for GremlinBreakfast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just who doesn't like 'Big?'

I think I was 6/7 years of age when this movie came out, and I can remember watching it for the first time alongside 'Vice Versa.'

I can always remember begging my mum to show me how to play 'chopsticks' on the piano, and searching everywhere for a Zoltar Machine at almost every fair we ever went to. Haha! [Smile] I was one of those kids who learnt all of the lines to the 'shimmy song' too!

I guess 'Big' is one of those movies that will entertain from one generation to the next! The cast and screenplay are both excellent..... I'd bet that most children have wondered what it would be like to be a grown up for a few days!

Pure movie magic I say!

~grems!

Posts: 318 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home