iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Director's Cut: The Breakfast Club

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Director's Cut: The Breakfast Club
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just read on the trivia part of imdb.com that there is over an hour of material that only John Hughes has to this film. Don't you think it is a crime to keep this perfection from us? Does anyone else know about this? I wonder what other kinds of stuff is in there that we haven't seen. Maybe some footage of what they all did to get into detention?? I think that if this info is true then he should get an ultimate edition together I would snatch it up in a heartbeat! :cool:
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a mind to drive over to Mr. Hughes house and march right up to his door and ring the bell and when he comes out I'll look him square in the eyes and say..."You killed Ted, you medieval dikweed!"
And I'll get Valley & McFly to hold him down while Isis runs up to his movie vault and snatches his esclusive film reels.
Then we will all run like hell!
I'll transfer the footage to DVD and send all the Rewidners a copy.
Yea, that sounds like a good plan.
Now, where does he live?

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My guess is Shermer IL? I am on the first plane out....
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry guys, but the Hugga Bunch has kidnapped John Hughes, and stole his precious deleted film footage, outtakes, and notes! That explains the lack of commentary and extras in most of his movies!

[Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of his films seem to have been shot at 3 hours. I think Universal might have a 3 hour Sixteen Candles somewhere from when they and he were shooting for an R rating (although I could be wrong).
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fly me out, Big Bro. Don't know where Hughes' mansion is, but do have the address of Hughes Productions in Chicago. It'd be like out of one of his old movies: a bunch of 80s people kidnap him and drive him around the city for fun, then end up at his house to snatch the TBC long-cut from his vault.
Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's hope it contains an alternative ending(without the cheap makeover)
Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80sfreak89
Rewind Curious
Member # 3652

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 80sfreak89   Email 80sfreak89   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the Breakfast club!! Deleted senes and even and alternate ending would be so cool. I can't wait!!!
Posts: 3 | From: SC | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does John Hughes have a beard?
Its just that i was thinkin' maybe its the same sort of thing thats happened to George Lucas over the years.
The power of the beard has taken over and prevented them from doing the right thing with classic movies.

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Power Of The Beard.....

That's got to be worth a new topic all on it's own...

[Eek!]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At last check he was still clean shaven. Granted, that was acouple of years ago for me, though.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smayt Gateford wonders:
quote:
Does John Hughes have a beard?

Its just that i was thinkin' maybe its the same sort of thing thats happened to George Lucas over the years.

The power of the beard has taken over and prevented them from doing the right thing with classic movies.

John Hughes has never grown a beard, to my knowledge.

George Lucas has had a beard long before "Star Wars", and even long before "American Graffitti"! So maybe George's beard hasn't been quite that influential in his decisions! [Smile]

But I remember what Isis said sometime last year on why Steven Spielberg doesn't make the kind of escapist movies that he used to, and perhaps it's because his movies have gone more "serious" ever since he grew a beard.

And what should we tell other bearded directors? John Milius? John Landis? Francis Ford Coppola? Sam Peckinpah? (oh, wait, he's dead)

Hmmm... [Razz]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home