iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Ooh saucy..! CAMPEST MOVIE VILLAINS.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ooh saucy..! CAMPEST MOVIE VILLAINS.
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok I admit this could be a strange topic...
But hey its me.....!
So... I was watching COMMANDO last night on UK tv and got to thinking how camp main villain Vernon Wells was lookin'.
I mean this dude was supposed to be hard as nails and the only person tough enough to stop Schwarzenegger's one man army John Rambo (oops my bad...Matrix [Razz] ).
But check this guy out,whats he wearin'?
Skin tight leather pants so tight you can tell what religion he is.Kinky black boots of course.Lets not forget everyones favourite fashion accessory..the fake chain mail stylee vest with black t-shirt underneath.And to top it off, a moustache that Freddie Mercury would be proud of.Oh come on..a psychotic killer! he's more Village People wannabe... after they found a cop,an indian,a constuction worker and the other one,it was clear that they simply didnt have room for psychotic murderer in the group,so he had to make his own way in the world and became the campest baddie from the 80's.
Aw bless. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They dont get much camper thatn Jareth from Labyrinth...those tights, that hair the incessant need to play with balls...all that plus kinky boots, a cloak and transvestite makeup.......goblin king or fairy queen...you decide [Wink]
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have a point.
But i think we can let off he who is Bowie 'cos it was a fantasy 'fantasy' film.And everyone had bad hair.Even trolls.
But whats with the shuttlec0ck..? [Razz]

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Faye Dunaway as Mommie Dearest, actress Joan Crawford.

Say it with me now on the count of 3.

"NO WIRE HANGERS...EVER!"

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me.......you can't bring up campy without mentioning John Waters movies!

Some of Waters villains???

80's style........Franklin and Velma Von Tussle and the unforgetable Amber......evil girl! Debbie Harry and Sono Bono were awesome though and played the campy to the-T!

I'm a Camp lover!

I have to back EAngel up on her choice of Jareth though.....her post cracked me up!

"Goblin King or Fairy Queen?????"
hehehe! [Big Grin]

-

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Campy movie villains?

1. "Lust In The Dust" (1985), with Lainie Kazan. The whole movie is deliberately campy anyway!

2. (Well, actually a 1979 movie) "Rock And Roll High School" with Mary Woronov as Miss Togar, the uptight fascist (and closet dominatrix) principal.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home