iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » favorite classic disney movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: favorite classic disney movies
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys [Smile] well I am starting to collect my fav disney classics
so far i own
Aladdin
Monster inc
finding nemo
sleeping beauty
beauty and the best
some of my favs are
cinderella
bambi
lady and the tramp
the little mermaid
the rescuers
the great mouse detective
robin hood
Peter pan
[Smile] I do have some good news
Bambi platinum edition comes out march 1 2005
Cinderella platinum edition comes out Oct 4th 2005
so i m really excited [Smile]

Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Alice In Wonderland," one of the most psychedelic Disney movies, I must have watched a hundred times in the '80s. "Fantasia" was cool too.
"The Sword In The Stone" my class watched in 6th grade.

Was "The Fox And The Hound" a Disney movie?
I always liked that one.

Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The greatest Disney movie ever is "Flight of the Navigator" in my opinion.

For cartoon, it would probably be "Lady & The Tramp." I watched that one all the time as a kid. It brings back great memories.

Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GremlinBreakfast
Rewind Gizmo
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for GremlinBreakfast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does this list also cover the live-action disney movies at all?! If so, there are some good family ones there too!

~grems!

EDIT - Just realised the excellent 'Flight of the Navigator' was mentioned above! What others are there?! I cannot actually think just now!

Posts: 318 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think "Something Wicked This Way Comes" is a Disney. It is an awesome movie.
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Mary Poppins" (1964) is a classic Disney movie.

You'll be happy to note that a newly-released 40th Anniversary DVD version just came out, with lots of extras. As they say in the movie, it's "Supercalifragelisticexpialidocious"!

[Cool]

[ 19. December 2004, 12:06: Message edited by: StevenHW ]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Something Wicked this way comes, out anywhere in stores??? I have never seen it, and thanks Eddie for Reminding me of it again, because I love The Watcher and the Woods, and I just saw it for the first time just a few years ago, and it seemed along the same lines.

I love the Disney movies like:

Old Yellar
Charlie the Lonesome Cougar
The Incredible Journey
The Swiss Family Robinson

some of my favorite animated ones are:

Bambi
Dumbo
Lady and the Tramp
Sleeping Beauty
Cinderella

actually I like all of them, I havent' watched any in the last few years though, I should!!

My friend's daughter collects Alice in Wonderland stuff, and I got her 2 things for Xmas off Ebay...that's where I did most of my shopping. It is hard to find stuff from Alice in Wonderland, last year I got her a tea set and a stuffed Cheshire Cat, this year I got her a window decal and a neat Christmas ornament.

I love it when people collect stuff, it makes it fun to shop for them, and find them things they don't have.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
Isis...I got my copy of "Something Wicked This Way Comes" for $15 at Wal-Mart. I'm a big Jason Robards fan and this movie kicks serious buttock. I think you'll like it a lot.....Its a fine family film.
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found this Disney website awhile back....thats a pretty good list....

A-Z Disney

Some of my favorites are the live-action too!
I love Watcher in the Woods! Still scares me to this day. I love some of the oldies like...The Three Lives of Thomasina...and Pollyanna. I will definatly be buying Mary Poppins!

I think i've seen Lady and the Tramp a million times...."we are siamese if you please...brum bum bum.." [Big Grin] and I can sing every song in The Little Mermaid........ [Embarrassed]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Escape to witch mountain....I love a bit of that.
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE BLACK HOLE was a Disney movie wasnt it?
Always liked that,even though it had some spaced out (no pun intended) ending.
Apparently Robert Forster was really popular back then,so its strange to think he didnt really get any recognition until Tarantino's JACKIE BROWN in the late 90's.
On to Disney animation... always liked FANTASIA and The Little Mermaid and Aladdin.

Neither as good as Shrek though.

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smayt asked:
quote:
"THE BLACK HOLE" was a Disney movie wasnt it?
Yes, it was, from 1979. It was Disney's large-scale big-budget sci-fi attempt after the "Star Wars" phenomenon two years earlier.
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The same year as STAR TREK The Motion Picture
Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love mary poppins ! I asked for that dvd for chrismtas along with
alice in wonderland
the rescuers
sword in the stone
and oliver and company [Smile]

if you guys want to know what disney movies are coming out here is a link
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/comingsoon.html

Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hjh2c
Rewind Curious
Member # 6555

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for hjh2c   Email hjh2c   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like to order movies from deepdiscount.com They usually have free shipping and good prices
Posts: 8 | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home