iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What movies have you recently purchased? (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: What movies have you recently purchased?
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing I can think of I've bought in the last couple of weeks is a Roger Ramjet DVD [Big Grin]

A word of warning to online DVD buyers: Stay well clear of DVDSoon.com, their service has recently taken a severe turn for the worse, many many customers had their pre-orders cancelled and given store credit, they now have a no-refunds policy so a lot of those customers have contacted their CC company for refunds, also when you order something only 25% of the cost can come from the store credit.
There are a lot of cheesed off customers: http://forums.dvd-swaps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=22
(luckily I stopped using them a couple of months ago because they messed me around too much and their prices are now terrible, www.dvdpacific.com are still good)

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just bought Season 7 of Little House on the Prairie.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just bought:

The Bad News Bears in Breaking and Training
Short Circuit

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ive just bought "Round the twist" for anyone who doesnt know what that its its a Australian kids series from the late 80's. I dont know if it was shown in the US but does anyone from the UK or Australia remember this show???????
Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"have you ever, ever felt like this? when strange things happen are you going round the twist"

of all the useless information, I can't recall what I was doing last week, but remember the theme tune to a show I rarely watched. It was an OK programme, there was an episode with a girl who could read minds (it was kind of like a lightwieight Aussie version of 'Eerie Indiana').

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nightmare Before Christmas and Grease--'Bout time I picked up these.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Chauffeur
I Married a Centerfold
Babes in Toyland (1961)

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got E.T!!!! woo hoo it s awesome
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J. Chance
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4217

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J. Chance   Email J. Chance   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm giving The Ring Two a shot, since they decided to release the Unrated version right away rather than six months later.
Posts: 77 | From: Up north | Registered: Jun 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ozma
Rewind Curious
Member # 4287

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ozma   Email Ozma   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Round The Twist is an excellent show!
I just bought 4 Stephen Chow films and they are all incredible (ofcourse). From Beijing with Love, Forbidden City Cop, God of Cookery and King of Comedy.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Aug 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another 5 VHS tapes to fill my shelf....

Cousins
Biloxi Blues
Roxanne
The Nightmare Before Christmas
The Woo Woo Kid

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just bought the movie "Harper Valley PTA" on DVD.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
I just bought:
The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes
The Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit
Blackbeard's Ghost
Singles
Making Mr. Right
Boys and Girls

cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heaven Help Us
Hiding Out
Police Academy 2
Police Academy 4
Roseanne Season 1

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got Almost Heroes yesterday--Hilarious movie.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
I got today The Moon Spinners
Gabriela
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4297

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gabriela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought

Butterflies are free
Dukes of Hazzard
Different strokes Season 1
The Godfather
Partridge Family
Field of dreams

Posts: 11 | From: Berlin - Germany | Registered: Sep 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Savannah
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2845

- posted      Profile for Savannah   Email Savannah   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to f.y.e. last week and I got The Breakfast Club and Pretty in Pink on VHS. I was so unbelievably excited!!!

I came home and watched them immediately.

Ahh... it doesn't get any better than the 80's.

Posts: 60 | From: Louisa, Kentucky | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bobcat_816
Rewinder
Member # 2768

- posted      Profile for bobcat_816         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got Less than Zero and License to Drive recently.
Posts: 33 | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
I Haven't been here for a while so my list grew a little bit!
I Just bought:

Jersey Girl (W/Jami Gertz and Dylan McDermott)
Heaven Help Us
Dreamscape
Liar's Moon
Barefoot in the Park
Lucky Seven
Popeye

Try looking for a store called Fry's it has a great variety of DVD's sometimes cheaper than Wal-Mart and Best Buy. Look at it online at www.outpost.com I recomend it very much!

cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Hitcher
The Fog
Wildcats
Beverly Hills Cop
Sleepaway Camp

[ 15. October 2005, 10:07: Message edited by: cindymancini ]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GLADIATOR (3-Disc Edition)

BATMAN (1989, 2-Disc Edition)

BATMAN BEGINS (2-Disc Edition)

p.s. all from the U.S. you guys get all the best dvds. except for THE DESCENT which we made! [Big Grin]

Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All on DVD:

LA Story
Foul Play
Clue
Nothing But Trouble
All Of Me
Best Of Benny Hill
Basic Instinct
A Fish Called Wanda
Beetlejuice
Batman
Blazing Saddles
BlackAdder box set
Prizzi's Honor
Buster

and for those brits out there.... the Carry On Christmas collection.

Oh, and Roxanne, Cousins, Desperately Seeking Susan, Heathers, and Biloxi Blues on vhs.

Gotta stop spending so much money............

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well in the past couple of weeks i v added disney cinderella dvd and the parent trap to my dvd collection. not much im interested in at the moment or i m waitting for hastings to put out some previously viewed copies [Smile]
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brandon777
Master Rewinder
Member # 4014

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brandon777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have just bought every James Bond film except for three of the titles. I'll be getting those soon.

Other DVDs I have purchased include:

Kingdom of Heaven
Foul Play
Creep Show
From Dusk till Dawn
Jack and the Beanstalk (1976)

Posts: 239 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  28  29  30   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home