iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What movies have you recently purchased? (Page 25)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30   
Author Topic: What movies have you recently purchased?
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember seeing The First Power about 15 years ago. I think it wasn't too bad.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I think it's pretty decent Bernie it's a bit of a action thriller horror combo where a serial killer is executed via the gas chamber who then comes back from the dead possessing superhuman powers to exact revenge on the detective who put him there as played by lou diamond phillips.

https://youtu.be/p8VNdos7yew - the first power trailer.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The First Power is indeed good supernatural thriller. Don´t remember much from The Naked Face and the Spam Wars destroyed my comments.
Never seen Bloody Birthday and Malone. I need to start the Burt Reynolds marathon soon...

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget to include The Cannonball Run in your marathon!

Thanks for the teaser trailer Warrior!

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I won´t, Bernie. I have both films on blu-ray but it´s gonna take a while to get there. Probably going to start with Fuzz (1972) [Smile]
Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Atomik I reckon you would really dig both of those,the naked face I watched years back but can remember very little from,I've heard mixed things about it but I noticed it dropped by a few pounds in price so I thought what the hell and picked it up.

I caught some of cannonball run 2 on TV a few weeks ago bernie and as daft as it all was I couldn't stop laughing at parts of it,the sequel seems to receive quite a bit of stick but I've always found it to be pretty enjoyable.

They both come to blu ray in a few weeks time here in the UK - http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Cannonball-Run-Blu-ray/130238/

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Never hear of Fuzz - perhaps worth a viewing?

Cannonball Run 2 is classic:

"This cat is dead.... get me a new cat".

Yesterday I picked up My Bodyguard (1980) and Bachelor Party (1984) for 5 bucks each.

My Bodyguard has a feature called "The Lindeman Tapes", where Ricky Lindeman confesses that he killed his brother on purpose. "I had gotten away with it for 35 years but........ [Big Grin]

[ 06. November 2015, 02:38: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Never seen the fuzz but it looks like pretty good fun,tom skeritt now there's an underrated actor as I don't think I've ever seen him give a dodgy performance.

I'll tell you a couple of Burt's I haven't seen for years - the rough cut,rent a cop,gator & white lightning,physical evidence,the end and sharky's machine.

There quite a few of Burt's I haven't yet seen - stroker ace,Shamus,best friends,paternity,the man who loved women,semi- tough,starting over,hustle,fuzz and 100 rifles.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I´m totally novice when it comes to Burt´s films but it´s going to change soon [Smile]

The Linderman Tapes? You made it up, didn´t you Bernie... Both very good movies though.

Never seen Cannonball Run 2.

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah but it would be a pretty cool feature [Big Grin]
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
My bodyguard and bachelor party are both really good Bernie,I especially like the latter I think it's a really funny film,has a great title track as well by oingo boingo.

https://youtu.be/9wmoI7ldMuc - bachelor party tribute video.

[ 06. November 2015, 03:02: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Great vid!

Did anyone see Bachelor Party 2?

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
No i've never seen it Bernie and I think I'd approach it with extreme caution judging by some of the reviews.

I think the only connection with the original film is it shares the same writers but that aside it looks like just another one of these cheap in name only sequels.

Be funny if tom Hank's had a funny turn and said to his agents I don't want to do toy story 4 anymore or another da vinci code sequel,I want to do bachelor party 3 - the return of rick gassko or maybe the burbs 2 - the revenge of ray Peterson [Big Grin]

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Or Bachelor party 3 - the revenge of Cole Whittier? Or Turner & Hooch 2 - the revenge of Hooch Junior?????

Wahahahoooooo look at those babies! Adorable...are we married?

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Or bernie he could make a return as - the man with two red shoes or as he's put on a few pounds of late he could always do - big-ger!

[ 06. November 2015, 18:41: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Talking of Burt Reynolds have you got bill forsyth's - breaking in atomik as I think that's a really enjoyable film!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Don´t have Breaking In at the moment, warrior but i know where to get it [Smile]
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Something new:

The Andromeda Strain (1971)

-

The Astral Factor aka Invisible Stranger (1978)

-

The Hard Way (1991)

-

Dating the Enemy (1996)

-

Spring Breakers (2012)

-

The Final Girls (2015)

-

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
 -

Or bernie he could make a return as - the man with two red shoes or as he's put on a few pounds of late he could always do - big-ger!

What about The man with no shoes? Or Small? Or Joe forgives the volcano?
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Volunteers 2?  -

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing that...

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
How about Coma in Seattle? Anyone think of a potential plot?
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let us know what you think of The Final Girls Atomik. I've been hearing good things!
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
How about Coma in Seattle? Anyone think of a potential plot?

Yeah we could have tom Hank's going into an even deeper sleep than the audience and then waking up many years later ala Steven seagal hard kill and going out for revenge on all the film executives who keep forcing him into making all these cruddy movies!

https://youtu.be/3Jji78uEW14 - picture this but hanks instead of seagal and the executives at tri star pictures instead of senator Trent!

Yeah I've heard good things about - final girls you'll have to let us know when you get chance atomik if it's worth picking up.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Review already online, warrior. Entertaining enough film but overall bit of a disappointment that one.
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
[qb] How about Coma in Seattle? Anyone think of a potential plot?

Yeah we could have tom Hank's going into an even deeper sleep than the audience and then waking up many years later ala Steven seagal hard kill and going out for revenge on all the film executives who keep forcing him into making all these cruddy movies!

https://youtu.be/3Jji78uEW14 - picture this but hanks instead of seagal and the executives at tri star pictures instead of senator Trent!

I love how coma patients are portrayed in movies. Like they wake up and then immediately start plotting vengeance. It just doesn't work that way.

Blood Bank starring Tom Hanks, in theatres this summer.

I picked up Aliens the other day. This movie is pretty bad compared with the original. It's not terrible but it really aint that great. I am glad that Paul Reiser got munched by an alien but I would have been much more satisfied if that happened within the first 5 minutes of the movie. He clearly is not a method actor unless the director said something like, "Paul, for every scene and every movie you do from now on I want you to try to summon your intensity by imagining that you are making toast in the kitchen while chatting casually to your wife".

On a more positive note I picked up Caddyshack 1 and 2 twin pack. A sequel that never fails to disappoint [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home