iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What movies have you recently purchased? (Page 20)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: What movies have you recently purchased?
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ginger meggs,I think that's a bit of a new one to me,I don't think I've ever come across that one before atomik,I see it's an Australian comedy.

It gets quite a positive feedback on imdb,sounds pretty good actually!

Shot in new South Wales Australia the same as another Aussie flick we was talking about earlier - the coca cola kid .

Another one I can think off that was shot there was razorback,that's one I've not seen for a while!

I can remember the visuals,location etc played a big part in that movie,it was quite stylishly shot by Russell mulcahy.

Actually atomik the movie ginger meggs it not that cheap to pick up over here in the uk,I've seen it for about 16 UK pounds upwards so it must be getting pretty scarce,it's probably out of print or something!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn´t know anything about Ginger Meggs before.

I have Razorback UK dvd. The last time i watched the film was in the early 90s so there´s one more i should check out again.

Oh, i also got this Australian film which features lovely Claudia Karvan:

The Heartbreak Kid (1993)

-

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

picked up over the last couple of months - the creator on dvd from the local pound store on the recommendation of atomik,heard good things about this one!

devil's night which i have watched which was totally different from what i was expecting but was not bad at all i thought,got a couple of way out there twists which you have to go with to enjoy it though!

the roost i picked up cheap,i have seen it way back but can't recollect what i thought of it so for the price i thought i'd check it out again,see if it was anygood.

dead of winter i really like and eve of destruction is daft but a lot of fun,not checked out either blu ray yet.

[ 28. June 2015, 06:24: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
I didn´t know anything about Ginger Meggs before.

I have Razorback UK dvd. The last time i watched the film was in the early 90s so there´s one more i should check out again.

Oh, i also got this Australian film which features lovely Claudia Karvan:

The Heartbreak Kid (1993)

-

Not a bad flick aTomiK. They had a series based on this too called Heartbreak High which also starred Alex Dimitriades (at least the early episodes did). The pilot episode is very similar to the movie.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, they aired Heartbreak High here and i remember watching few episodes.

warrior, i´m glad you got Creator. Dead of Winter is very good, i should rewatch Eve of Destruction.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww, I used to love Heartbreak High
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah it was pretty good especially to begin with but Dimitriades must have thought at the time he was onto bigger and better things. The show wasn't really the same without him.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just got these interesting vhs tapes:

Seven (1979)

-

Tornado (1983)

-

Cloak & Dagger (1984)

-

Flashpoint (1984)

-

I saw Tornado and Flashpoint back in the 80s and remember liking the films very much.
Never seen Seven/Cloak & Dagger.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I've never seen cloak and dagger but have always wanted to,when you get chance atomik let us know what it is like.

Always liked dabney coleman,I see it's directed by Richard franklin (psycho 2) and written by tom Holland (fright night ) so I'd say the money is on it being good!

I've got flashpoint on DVD and that is a pretty great thriller,not seen tornado or seven though but they look pretty cool,especially seven with tough guy William Smith and a load of playboy playmates.

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I bought the Australian film Street Hero form 1984. Never heard if it before. It stars Vince Colossimo. I remember in one episode of Heartbreak he he appeared as the bad boy older brother of Dimitriades.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I've got street hero on a region 4 Australian DVD Bernie,I really liked it,it's got a pretty awesome soundtrack as well.

http://www.fast-rewind.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/2/10648.html#000000. - street hero thread.

-

Here's a pic of my region 4 copy is it the same as yours Bernie?

[ 03. July 2015, 10:19: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
It looks exactly the same! I couldn't really get into the movie though unfortunately. I think if I saw this as a kid I would have enjoyed it. It had a great soundtrack and felt really 80's but it just didn't pull me in. I find it strange that this is an Australian movie and I have never heard of it. I used to frequent the video stores all the time. Never ever saw this on the shelves.
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just scooped a few blu-rays...Enter The Ninja, Revenge Of The Ninja, and Wolfen.....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
wolfen is awesome kevdugp73 as is revenge of the ninja,never seen enter the ninja though.

yeah wolfen is definitely underatted,albert finney and the late great gregory hines are terrific in it as well.

great film!

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
It looks exactly the same! I couldn't really get into the movie though unfortunately. I think if I saw this as a kid I would have enjoyed it. It had a great soundtrack and felt really 80's but it just didn't pull me in. I find it strange that this is an Australian movie and I have never heard of it. I used to frequent the video stores all the time. Never ever saw this on the shelves.

pity you didn't enjoy it bernie,nevermind it's not to everyone's taste,at least you got to listen to some cool tunes and it's another one you can cross of your list of home-grown movies!
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Ninja movies are a great childhood memory warrior, and I agree...Wolfen is great. These were actually pretty pricey but found used copies by the same buyer with free shipping...watched once, just like new...but a great price for the 3 combined!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Got some new stuff:

Don´t Look Now (1973)

-

The Man Who Fell to Earth (1975)

-

Somewhere Tomorrow (1983)

-

Stronghold (1985)

-

Fresh Kill (1987)

-

Angel in Red (1991)

-

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

always been a fan of the 1988 cockroach horror film - the nest and i spotted this cup which was on ebay and the seller stated it as being new as it's always been wrapped up and in storage since they'd owned it!

anyhow i bid on it and managed to win it and here it is

-

-

and look inside it and you get a nasty suprise!

-

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

picked up these 3 horror blu rays over the last month and a bit,i watched the monster club for the first time ever the other week and quite enjoyed it overall,i thought the blu ray transfer for what is a low budget 1981 horror looks spetacular,i mean seriously good.

i only paid 5 uk pounds for the monster club,i also picked up stuart gordon's the pit and the pendulum on blu ray as well stuart gordon's classic - reanimator in a steelbook which dropped down from close on 20 uk pounds to just over 7 uk pounds so i quickly snapped it up before it shot back up in price.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
never seen the man who fell to earth atomik,what is it like?

i really liked bowie in merry christmas mr lawrence and tony scott's the hunger.

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, like your mug warrior [Smile]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Fancy a nice cup of tea and a crunchy cockroach Helen?
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Yum [Big Grin]
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Despite being pre-occupied with health problems lately, the packages with the good stuff kept coming in.

Highlights include these fantastic, limited edition Arrow releases :

-

-

Posts: 2178 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Sorry to hear that Johnny [Frown]

Well jealous of your Society set!!!

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  28  29  30   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home