iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What movies have you recently purchased? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: What movies have you recently purchased?
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not a movie as such, but I finally got the Beatles Anthology on DVD. I had it on a video that I taped off the telly a few years back, but the dvd has more than twice as much footage.

I'm a massive Beatles fan - I've got all the albums on cd and cassette, and even a couple on 8track (but I don't have a player).

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GremlinBreakfast
Rewind Gizmo
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for GremlinBreakfast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Lupa!

I only bought the Teen Wolf DVD for the greatness that is the original... I guess its not that bad to have the sequel included for the same price though. Even if it sucks big time! [Wink]

I'm so happy about 'Little Monsters' on DVD though! [Big Grin]

~grems!

Posts: 318 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had a Christmas gift certificate and picked up these DVDs today:

Top Gun Special Edition
Weird Science
Prom Night
The Wraith
Trick or Treat
The Gate

Grems cool about Valley Girl...have you watched it yet? Give us scoop when you do.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grems- Glad you're happy about the DVD. [Wink] Don't feel bad about the two-for-one sequel deal. I bought Gremlins 1 and 2 in a two-pack. You probably liked the sequel more than I did, though. [Wink]

pretty_in_shrinkwrap- I like your name a lot. [Smile]

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GremlinBreakfast
Rewind Gizmo
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for GremlinBreakfast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley - No, I havent watched 'VG' yet! I've been way too busy these last few days! I'll make sure I post my review soon though! Muffy and Isis are on the edge of their seats waiting too! [Smile]

Lupa - I'm not a fan of 'Gremlins 2' either! I much prefer the darker humour of the original! I bought the stand-alone DVD though, so thats OK!

Oh and I brought some more DVD's.... I should ban myself for a little while!

*Round The Twist: Volumes 1-3! (A children's TV show made in Australia which I used to watch religiously! I ordered the earlier seasons which came out 89-92!) [Big Grin]

*Mr Bean: Complete Series Collection! (The UK comedy I used to watch and love as a child, and haven't seen any of since - even though some of them have been repeated over Xmas!)

*Eerie Indiana (Although its not 80's, I used to love this show before it got cancelled!)

~grems!

[ 01. January 2005, 06:45: Message edited by: GremlinBreakfast ]

Posts: 318 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
L Shaped Room.
Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grems- I hear ye'. I bought the 2-pack having not seen all of Gremlins 2, and I thought it'd be better. I mean, it was kind of a nice goofy movie, but it didn't do it for me. Sometimes it got a little much.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
None of the DVDs I ordered in the first post in this thread have arrived yet [Frown] neither had my Knight Rider season 1 set which has been posted, but Vampire's Kiss arrived this morning, still wrapped up I've never seen it before, bought it because people were talking about it and it was only a few quid.

On the subject of Vampires Kiss, I just saw National Treasure also with Nicholas Cage in, enjoyed it very much for what it was, just wish some bits could've been extended (won't mention what as I don't want to put spoilers in).

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Magnum P.I. Season 1
My Chauffeur
Napoleon Dynamite
The Art Of War
Stander
Evel Knievel

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonder Woman Season 1
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
Hey Wizard, thanks for the info on Ice Pirates. I pre-ordered it today!
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have purchased Shrek 2, Garfield, Tom and Jerry Greatest Cartoons Vol 2, Bachelor Party, Me, Myself, and Irene, Porky's, MIB 2, and Spiderman 2. Not all for myself, obvious ones for my son and my nephews.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did'nt purchased these movie but i did just recive these movies as gifts.

And there all on VHS [Cool]

Revenge Of The Nerds

Soul Man

PuppetMaster

Can't Buy Me Love

Cheech & Chong (Get Out Of My Room)

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just purchased

M. Night Shyamalan's The Village

on my way to watch it right now.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't buy them, but a friend just sent me:

Say Anything- Look out Muffy, I will be watching it soon, and then we can talk!! Cause you know I have never seen it yet.

and he gave me:

Krush Groove- which I have never seen it either.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bright lights big city

Spinal Tap

Actually haven't seen either of them but hear that they are classics. And for $2.99 you can't pass them up!

Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bright light big city

Spinal Tap

Never actually seen these flims but for $2.99 you can't pass up that price. Plus I hear they are classics...

Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought Running on Empty for $5.50 on DVD!! And The Thing Called Love on VHS. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Recently got:

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure DVD, but found out the UK DVD only has stereo audio whilst the US has 5.1, meaning I'm gonna have to buy the R1 copy (damn)
I-Man (1986) DVD - Scott Bakula of Quantum Leap stars as a man who accidentally inhales a gas retrieved from space which makes him indestructable, also stars Joey Cramer of Flight of the Navigator, it was a pilot for a series that was never made
Lord of the Rings:The Return of the King special extended version, 4 hour film! it's gonna be great to watch the trilogy all over again when I've built my projector [Smile] (6 foot by 5 foot screen!)
Cabin Fever DVD - terrible film, I like bad movies but this was a waste of £5
Signs DVD - enjoyed this, especially with 6 channel sound

TresFoxy, Spinal Tap is indeed a classic (does your volume control go up to 11?), I didn't think much of Bright Lights Big City though

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
I got a big DVD load, so here goes:

Monk- season 2
Buffy: the Vampire Slayer- season 2
My Boyfriend's Back
Tremors
Tremors 2
Tremors 3
Tremors 4
Jurassic Park 3
MST3K- I Accuse My Parents
MST3K- The Crawling Hand

The Wizard
Member # 533

Lupa, I very much approve of Monk, Tremors & MST3K, good choices [Big Grin]

Just won bidding on a German DVD release of "Zapped! (1982)" and "Zapped Again! (1993)", the eBay seller has another DVD I've bid on that I will win, "Tomboy (1985)"

Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those German DVD's can be very dodgy Wizard, i bought Joysticks and it was nothing more than a worn out VHS transfer with the end missing. Still a rare film and it was cheap.
Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
Member # 533

I've only bought a few DVDs from Germany so far:
"Freaked", aka Hideous Mutant Freekz starring Alext Winter and Keanu Reeves, audio and picture quality were excellent, I even ended up buying a few more copies and selling them for £20-£30 back on eBay [Big Grin] (this was before the UK release)
"The Wizard", the picture quality isn't what you'd expect of a standard DVD release but it's still very good when you compare it to VHS, only drawback is German audio but I re-mastered it with original English audio from my VHS
"The Goonies", it's what the original UK release should have been, perfect audio+video with all features & commentary track, but I gather the UK release has been sorted now
"ReBoot", season 2 was just released recently, also with German dubbed audio only but I'll re-master it with original English audio again, shouldn't be any problems with picture quality because the source is CGI

I've only had 2 DVDs that are worse than the original VHS, UK The Wraith that looks like it came from VHS, and the UK release of Breakdance 2 of which they must've sourced it from an NTSC laserdisc, it was very badly done, film converted to NTSC using 3:2 pulldown and then that directly converted to PAL (badly) with a horrible green tint to the picture, not to mention the audio - worst thing I ever heard from a DVD because it's got this severe high pitch whine in the background meaning I couldn't watch it for more than 5 minutes before ejecting the disc and never playing it again, and they had the gaul to charge me £11 for that crap... my Betamax tape of it looks+sounds better!

Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
Wizard- Thanks. [Smile]
slayathon
Rewind Curious
Member # 3752

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for slayathon   Author's Homepage   Email slayathon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well lets see the following I got from Xmas and Gift Certificates:

Night Shift
Monk Season One
Roswell Season Two
21 Jump Street season One
Sex and The City Season One
Phantom of The Opera(1989)
The Fifth Element Ulimate edition
Angel season One
Smallville Season One
Charmed Season One Pre-ordered

Posts: 8 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  28  29  30   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home