iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Fire with Fire (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Fire with Fire
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
9.99 + 3.50, that's it? lucky you.
mine was 30.00 sealed, plus shipping & handling, but i don't remember how much that was.
i purchased mine from amazon.

isis, craig is currently on a primetime show called "one tree hill" which airs every tuesday (i think) on the WB channel. he plays the part of a guy named KEITH. it's an ok show, my mom watches it faithfully.
you should watch THAT WAS THEN THIS IS NOW with craig & emilio estevez. that's a good movie. it also has your girl, JILL SCHOELEN.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Ok, Valley told me about the show One Tree Hill too, but it sounds like it is about the teenagers in it, not really the adults. I found a website about it...and found this picture of Craig. He just looks like a regular guy now, but in Fire with Fire he was so hot looking. We all get older!! It is such a bummer. He is from York, Pennsylvania....I wonder if he comes home to visit anytime??? Maybe he is here around Xmas, maybe we might have better luck chasing him down than Jake Ryan. We thought we saw Jake pass us in an Astin Martin DB7 (My son said that's the car that passed us-I say it was Jake)on the way to Cindy's house...Come Spring when I have had all the Cabin Fever I can take, I might be up for another road trip- [Big Grin] [Eek!] [Wink]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting this movie has been a thorn in my side to this day. I have lost a few times on e-bay already. So there is an official DVD of this? That would be great, just tired of hunting for it. As for Craig Sheffer, I remember him pretty well in....That was then this is now, but I also recall that he was the QB in that football movie the Program. And I just saw Virginia Madsen on Jay Leno last night. She seemed pretty excited to be on, saying it is her first appearanceon Leno since 92. This along with Rad, Slaughter High, Joysticks and Night of the Creeps are high on my want list.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
89power
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3601

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 89power         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still can't find any info on Wild blue's fire with fire or the James House song.
Has anyone had any luck?

Posts: 19 | From: Northwest, IN | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I can finally say I got to watch this movie tonight, thanks to Isis for sending me her extra copy. This movie lived up to the postings above, it totally rocks. It's so cool to find an 80's movie you have never seen before and really enjoy it.

I remember seeing the VHS cover at the video store back in the 80's, but passed it by because I was never a Virginia Madsen fan. She was great in this movie though. The relationship between Lisa & Joe was very intense and very romantic.

Isis & Jazzy I agree with you both on the parts you said were the coolest.

I do have a question though, who was the hip sister with all the cool music? Very progressive for the sisterhood in 1986. [Big Grin]

If you have not seen this movie, please give it a try! [Wink]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so glad you liked this movie, cause it is up there in my all time favorites. I watched it again last night too, and I think it is a perfect movie. I just love the soundtrack so much, if anybody ever knows how to get it, I want it!!!
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Well, I did alot of searching and I read they never released a soundtrack to Fire with Fire, and I can't even find anything about Wild Blue-they sang the title song.

I did find where the girl that played Sandy, Lisa's best friend, she died in 1999 of diabetes, that was a bummer.

I watched this movie last night again, I like finding out stuff about the movie if it is one I really like, if anyone would ever find out if there is even a 45 record somewhere of the song Fire with Fire by Wild Blue, please let me know.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Geez, I just saw that Duncan Gibbins-who directed Fire with Fire, he died in 1993, geez that was 12 years ago already. That is shocking when you see a movie for the first time, and then find out people that you just watched for the first time, have already been dead now for years. I wanted to look and see what other movies he directed, since I thought he did such a great job on that movie, and thought I might find others, he only did 2 other movies.

What a total bummer.

[Frown]

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just going through the archives and found this thread on Fire with Fire. It is the best thread anywhere on the Rewind dealing with this movie. Being one of my faves from the 80's, it's cool seeing the passion that some of you also have for this flick....it's funny how ISIS freaked after seeing it for the first time. Some movies are like that, you watch it once and it sticks to you like glue. This really is a must see movie for those of you who haven't yet watched it.

Check this site out:

http://www.firewithfire.site.vu/

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a good thread, I watch this one as well every year or so. Funny reading your threads from 2004, looks like Joysticks is the only movie I don't have yet that I named.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I was thinking about watching this not long ago.

My friend met Kari Whurer, she played the girl that was always getting in to trouble. I asked him to ask her about that scene at the end with the cliff, and how they filmed that...because that was one long drop, and every time I see that, I think that if they used real people- why weren't they killed filming that scene.
I remember jumping off a huge diving board, and it was a shock to hit the water.

That cliff reminds me of the one in First Blood.

I think it's a girly fantasy to run away with your dream guy and live in a cabin in the woods , where nobody can bug you.

WolfmansGotNards
Ace Rewinder
Member # 5910

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for WolfmansGotNards   Email WolfmansGotNards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've wanted to see this movie for years, still haven't managed to get it on VHS yet. The price is always so high on ebay and no place around here sells used VHS.

Hope to see it one day!

Posts: 400 | From: The 80's! Where else?! | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
That cliff reminds me of the one in First Blood.

It can quite possibly be the same cliff. The cliff filmed in First Blood is part of the Othello Tunnels in British Columbia, Canada. Fire with Fire was also filmed there. I'm just guessing though....having trouble getting confirmation anywhere on the net. There's little info out there on Fire with Fire.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by WolfmansGotNards:
I've wanted to see this movie for years, still haven't managed to get it on VHS yet. The price is always so high on ebay and no place around here sells used VHS.

Hope to see it one day!

Wolf, this whole movie is on youtube:

Fire with Fire - Part 1 (Youtube)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home