iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Fire with Fire (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Fire with Fire
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindy-Thank-you so much for this movie. I watched it last night, it is probably one of my favorites now. I love EVERYTHING about this movie. I wanna watch it again already! It was perfect. I don't know if I have seen Craig Sheiffer in anything else, but I liked him in this movie so much. The soundtrack was so awesome!! I want to find the song- If Anybody Had a Heart by John Waite..they play it at the dance, and I remembered it from the end of About Last Night, and I have to get that song, I love it!! I love their whole Love story...the fact that he was in that reform school for boys-but he wasn't really bad-and none of the boys really were-that to me made it so that it was believable that they had all these things keeping them apart, and she's is going to school at the Convent-or whatever that was. I thought the cast of teens in it was really good, I loved all the people in it. I love it when even the bad guy-the guard at the reform school-he played his part perfectly-I thought he did a great job. The end scene, completely took my breath away, cause I can't figure out how they filmed that-and that's the thing about movies that I love, and I love how it ended.

This is what I was talking about, with guys...the whole scene where he sneeks out, and sneeks in to her room, just to see her and kiss her, that to me is so sexy, and I have not seen anything new like it, that has that same feel to it.

Anyway...I am just so happy that I finally saw a movie I never saw before, and I LOVED it!!!!

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lisa, Craig Sheffer was in Some Kind Of Wonderful...... shame on you!
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He did look familiar-he was the boyfriend of Lea Thompson??? Right...now that you said that-I knew I could picture him in other things, but he was way more "appealing" in Fire with Fire- woooo. I love this movie!! I can't believe I never seen it ever, not even clips of it. It has Kari Whurer in it too, but I didn't recognize her. There is a blonde girl that has pig tails and glasses in Fire with Fire, and I know I saw her before in something else too, and I can't remember what?? I love the whole dance, it reminded me so much of school dances in the 80's, even how people danced has changed so much now. Of Course I thought it was cool that Virginia Madsen's character was named Lisa. That made it even more prefect- [Razz]
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jazzy
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3488

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Jazzy   Email Jazzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dont make me cry! I love that movie and I want it released on DVD so bad. I havent seen it in 5 long yrs.
Posts: 13 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis,

I'm so glad you liked it! I bought myself a copy too and I'm addicted to it! First of all Virginia was gorgeous in this. And I agree with you about the intensity of the romance between her and Craig. Yeah, he was Hardy Jenns, with 2 n's (hahaha), in Some Kind of Wonderful. I tried finding the song by John Waite online but no luck yet. Maybe it's on the About Last Night Soundtrack. If it is, that is easy to track down. I'll get back to you on this. Oh and finally, the chick with the blonde hair and glasses I think has been on a soap opera now for years... [Smile]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I would love to see this movie on DVD too. I actually loved the entire soundtrack. I like the title song- Fire with Fire-that was a great song too. They played Computer Blues-Prince, and Huey Lewis and other songs at the Dance. Cindy-a friend of mine- and you might know who I mean-is searching for that song too, and if he finds it first, I'll ask him to make you a copy too- [Big Grin] [Wink]

I loved the intenseness of their relationship, you could feel it, just by watching it, and when a movie does that..it is so cool. Cindy-I was hoping you had seen it too. I want to watch it again!! What did you think of the end, do you think the scene where they jumped was real?? Do you think they had a stunt person do that?? Or do you think it was just a camera trick?? I thought when they jumped, you'd see them jump but not at the angle they showed them going the whole way down, that part flipped me out, usually they would cut a shot like that, and you see them land, but the way that was filmed...I was like..wow..was that real??

I wish they would have had more time to hang out together in the cabin, before they got caught.

I love the scene at the cemetary-that to me was so romantic- even if it was a cemetary.

The best part of the whole movie, is how all their friends helped them to get together, they all had no jealousy about their relationship. I liked when they all pretended they saw a snake so that he could sneek in to call her, and I liked the end when the girls all ran out trying to help her get away, that was so cool.

There was just a great feeling about the whole movie, and the ending was perfect.

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember JLP reviewing this movie awhile back and she liked it too. Isis you should have just said "Don't Read If You Haven't Seen Fire With Fire" as your topic title. [Razz]

What else happens because you already told us the ending. [Wink]

I do want to see this movie sometime after all the cool reviews.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I didn't tell you the ending???? I said it was perfect, but I didn't say what it was.

My describing it, isn't the same as watching it, so it should make you want to see it even more, it is super good, you can't go wrong, I don't know how you wouldn't LOVE this movie.

And then...if you wanna go over it line by line with me...I am all for it. [Wink] [Big Grin] [Wink]

cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, the John Waite song is on the About Last Night Soundtrack, just an FYI [Smile] !. Yeah, good point about the friends not being jealous and trying to help them out. I liked the part where he snuck into her room and wakes her up and they're just holding each other and kissing...so good! God, I'm a sap. I better snap out of it! [Razz]
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jazzy
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3488

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Jazzy   Email Jazzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best part of the whole movie was when Joe was looking for Lisa at the Dance, and he couldnt see her so he thought maybe she left, and then he turned around and she was standing right there! Awww.

Than when they were Dancing to the slow song, you could see how much they wanted each other, and their first kiss at the Cemetary. Double Awwww.

When he snuck into her room and they were kissing, and he asked her to meet him somewhere, where they made love for the first time. Triple Awwww!

Fire with Fire Freaking Rocked! Damn I must find it on Tape and they better Release it on DVD or I am going to kick ***.

Posts: 13 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH I am so excited that everyone has exploded on this film. I would absolutely snatch it up if it came up on DVD. I think that the people in the store will think I am crazy if it ever does. I won't be able to control myself!!

The chemistry is unmatched by anything in todays market. I think that Closer the new film with Julia Roberts and Jude Law seems like a good contender! I did like the chemistry between Jude Law and Nicole Kidman in Cold Mountain.

Thanks Valley for remembering my review of it. I am so glad that people are sharing in my love of this film!!!!!!! Rock on Joe and Lisa, I bet you are still happily living in the mountains after all of these years.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I watched it AGAIN last night. It is so good. I never have seen a movie where I liked the couple in it as much, and they really seemed like they were instantly in love, and they just seemed perfect for each other.

That beginning scene where she is laying in the water, where she looked dead, that was so different from anything I ever saw in a movie. They played this instramental background music throughout the entire movie too, and I really loved it.

I loved Joe's friend, the goofy one that made all the maps, and was dancing at the dance all funny. All the boys all got along, there was only really the one bad guy-D.B.Sweeney-and he never really had much of a part.

It just seemed so perfect. My husband watched it last night too, and I thought he might not give it a chance, but he said he really liked it too. I like movies where you look at the people's faces and they really look like they are feeling the emotion of whatever it is in that moment, wether it is love or fear or anger-most actors today can not do that, they can not make you have that feeling.

I love when they were at the dance because it really felt so real, and they both really wanted to be together, and didn't know how to contact each other, and you could tell when he was leaving how she was starting to panic about not seeing him.

There were parts were they were dancing with each other, and you could see how each one of the girls was handling it, cause it seemed so awkward like none of them had ever danced before...I liked when Stephanie- walked out and said "someone has to start, and she grabs Joe's friend , and his name tag said Robert Redford, and she says "come on Bob".

Alot of the boys in it were really cute, that's what I was talking about before, they were clean cut, had nice hair, were in good shape, were very polite, and they were funny, and they were "nice guys". I just don't feel that anywhere anymore.

If it ever comes to DVD, somebody please post it, I don't wanna miss out on it.

Jazzy
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3488

Rate Member
jlp, I would love to read your review. Your stuff is the best. Could you please post it again?
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jazzy:
The best part of the whole movie was when Joe was looking for Lisa at the Dance, and he couldnt see her so he thought maybe she left, and then he turned around and she was standing right there! Awww.

Than when they were Dancing to the slow song, you could see how much they wanted each other.

that is the best part of the movie. the slow song they dance to is bryan ferry's slave to love...beautiful song.

i had to order this one online and it was mucho $$$$$ but well worth it.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well this movie must be way cool. I found this list of songs from it, but I'm not sure of the accuracy of the titles or the artist. I figured the soundtrack buffs on The Rewind might like the list.

Wild Blue: Fire With Fire
Prince: Computer Blue
Stephanie Mills: Bit By Bit (Theme From Fletch)
Huey Lewis and the News: Heart Of Rock And Roll
Bryan Ferry: Slave To Love
John Waite: If Anybody Had A Heart
James House: I'm In It For Love
Winston Sharples: From Nags To Witches
Harry Manfredini: Music from Friday The 13th: A New Beginning (This one seemed strange, but I haven't seen the movie?)

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
That is the most awesome soundtrack. I am so addicted to this movie now too, I made my friend watch it last night-she loved it. I looked to see where it was filmed at, cause all the woods and mountains and everything were so beautiful, it was filmed in Vancouver, British Columbia.

The soundtrack is so great, I looked to see who was singing Fire with Fire last night too, I never heard of Wild Blue before.

I love the song Slave to Love-I am totally on a mission to find this soundtrack now too.

Valley-you have to see it!!

89power
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3601

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 89power         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my first time on the website and I love it!!! I was just thinking that I didn't see fire with fire on the smartmenu and that I should suggest it. I'm so glad to see that other people love it also! I have the VHS and I am patiently waiting for the DVD. I also would love to have the soundtrack. Thanks for listing the soundtrack titles. And yes I too think Joe fisk is hot!!!
Posts: 19 | From: Northwest, IN | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hm, i don't remember hearing john waite's 'if anyone had a heart' in the movie. i like that song-got it on my 'about last night' soundtrack.

now i know these songs were all in the movie, but i don't remember an actual SOUNDTRACK for the movie ever being released? [Confused]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
If Anybody had a Heart was playing when they went and sat on the food table, and Joe told her why he was at the reform school, which I thought was pretty sad, just the way he explained it.

I love this movie so much, that I want to get another copy, incase I wear this one out. I don't think I could ever get sick of it at all. It is a perfect movie.

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

ya i watched it earlier cause all the talk got me wanting to see it again. i noticed the song this time around.

with the exception of the track 'fire with fire' i would assume that all the other songs in the movie are obtainable.

Jazzy
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3488

Rate Member
I am going to have to order this movie online, or look in every store in California.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Jazzy-go to Ebay, I am sure you can find it there.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I am really liking Craig Sheffer now!!! So I looked him up...has anyone seen any of these movies that he was in, and are they good??

Sleep with Me
Without Malice
Fire in the Sky

????

I saw he was in A River Runs through it and Fire on the Amazon- funny how he did at least 3 movies with the word Fire in them.

I think I might be on a Craig Sheffer Bender!!!

89power
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3601

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 89power         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, Craig Sheffer is also in some kind of wonderful as the cool, mean boyfriend. He acts so irrogant compared to the sweet Joe Fisk.

I got my VHS copy of fire with fire 2 years ago. I got it from either of the DVD clubs I'm in columbia house or BMG. They only had it on VHS of course and it was about $25.00 not including S&H.

Posts: 19 | From: Northwest, IN | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I just found another copy of it on Ebay-brand new, never been played, and did a buy it now for $9.99 and $3.50 shipping, there was only 1 other copy on Ebay, so I think I got lucky.

I saw a Movie Poster of Fire with Fire.

After Xmas, I am going to start looking for more Craig Sheffer movies. He seemed to make quite a few. I love him as Joe Fisk, so I doubt he can top that character, but I think I'll be checking him out now with a whole new outlook- [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home