iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Great character entrances...........? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Great character entrances...........?
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still notice this!! lol almost a year later I think of this thread.......ha!

I'm watching the Squeeze for the 1st time as we speak..........

scene: a table of men playing poker.....the camera rolls around the table revealing the players faces as a man hums the Bonanza them....."duh duh duh duh duh dummmmmmm" shot on cards and hands then pans up to reveal Micheal Keaton in the movie for the first time.

I love my character entrances!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buddy Revel in 3 O clock High.

Ice T in Breakin/breakdance

Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hands down one of my favs and one of the best of the 80's still to this day, IMO, has got to go to the Indiana Jones character in the opening scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Opening Scene (no diologue):

-After opening credits finish, Indy standing in front of Amazonian waterfall (back silhouette camera shot.)

-cut to close up shot of tattered map in Indy's hands as he tries piecing it together and studying it.

-Enter bad guy, bad guy quietly draws a revolver out and slowly aims it at our hero...bad guy slowly c0cks the gun..

-Indy hears the c0cking of the gun and shifts his head slightly...

-before bad guy can raise the gun all the way....

-Enter trademark Bullwhip

-WHOOOSHH--SHPAAAA!!!

-Quick as a flash, Indy whips the revolver out of bad guys hand..all bad guy can do is stand there grasping his hand as a look of both disbelief and fear crosses his face...he then proceeds to run off like a little coward.

-Cut to shot of our hero as he finally steps out of the shadows and into the light with a stern look on his face as if to say, "Don't #@)% with me little man." [Cool]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shogun......can you set the scenes up? i'm blanking on what the entrances were like and what made them special?

Pyro awesome!!! totally great example!...a start of a icon.

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flashdance!

There's a crusty lookin' welder....welding. Then SWING...the helmet comes off....oh gawrsh.....long dark hair...beautiful eyes....beautiful lips.....oh how I love thee Jennifer!!!! XOXO [Eek!]

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lisa in Weird Science....Marty in BTTF (rock n roll), Duckie in PIP, Watts in SKOW.
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeb Speedwagon
Rewinder
Member # 3713

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Zeb Speedwagon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The gang of four roaring, young hooligans in Overboard, aggressivly making their way down the stairs just to go to war against the interior.

Actually, when I think about it it's just three of them since little Joe is still upstairs. Still it's a great way of introducing the little monsters [Smile]

Posts: 35 | From: Sweden | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Farmer Ted in 16 candles.
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Now that I have this cemented in everyone's brains.........I hope you notice it more then ever like I do.......

I tried to start a cheesy b movie Roadie yesterday.....starring Meatloaf......the credits were rolling and im like dang all these stars
Kaki Hunter from Porky's, Deborah Harry, Alice Cooper, Hank Williams jr.

So it starts totally odd.......then you see the shot of the stairs........cowboy boots appear at the top of the screen.....then legs.....then body.....then Meatloaf..being hovered down from the ceiling........it was a weird introduction for a very weird movie that I may never see when Blondie appears..........haha

Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lewis Skolnick-after doing it on the moon with Betty. [Cool]
Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^oops-reveal not entrance^^
Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home