iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » I NEED TO KNOW THE NAME OF THIS MOVIE!!!! PLEASE HELP!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I NEED TO KNOW THE NAME OF THIS MOVIE!!!! PLEASE HELP!
sarahMSVU
Rewind Curious
Member # 3577

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sarahMSVU   Email sarahMSVU   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am looking for the name of a movie that I used to watch when I was a kid (early 80's) about this little girl whose grandmother lives with her and her family. Her brother is really sensitive to her touching his things. The girl finds out that the grandmother is going to a home so she ends up going through her mirror into this "phantasy land" where at the beginning there is a bookworm and a sort of "land of books", near the end, she has to take these berries from a witch. The berries make whoever eats them young. But if they hit the ground, they disappear. On her way back through the mirror, she drops the berries and they dissapear. The whole moral of the story is that people get old and there's not much we can do about it. I've been trying to remember this title for years now and if anyone can help me I would be forever grateful!!! THANKS!!!!
Posts: 2 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SpecialK
Master Rewinder
Member # 2152

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SpecialK   Email SpecialK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found something but the movie came out in 1996. Thing is, it sounds very similar to what you're looking for. Possibly this is the remake or something of the movie you saw? I dunno. Be sure to read the user comments on the page.

"Magic In the Mirror" (1996)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116959/

Posts: 221 | From: Northern Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like 'The Hugga Bunch':

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0173915/

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HUGGA BUNCH!!!!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhodes
Ace Rewinder
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for rhodes   Email rhodes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate those hugga humping bastards i wish i could machine gun them all please burn all copies

THIS IS YOUR CAPTAIN

Posts: 434 | From: nevada | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahMSVU
Rewind Curious
Member # 3577

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sarahMSVU   Email sarahMSVU   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE HUGGA BUNCH!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 2 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SpecialK
Master Rewinder
Member # 2152

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SpecialK   Email SpecialK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always nice when you type in "girl mirror grandmother" into the IMDB plot search and a movie with a plot that contains all three of those words doesn't even show up. Thank you IMDB. You made me look foolish.
Posts: 221 | From: Northern Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMDB's plot search is poor isn't it, mainly because not all films have a good enough plot description and more importantly there's no keyword list associated with the films, something which would really help tracking down that weird film you saw on tv one night when drunk [Wink]

I'm still trying to find the name of that film where a ballet teacher moves to a new town with her son, he joins the rugby team and she eventually ends up showing the team how to play better by teaching them ballet! (I believe it was made in New Zealand or Australia)
IMDB draws a blank on all associated words on a plot search [Frown]

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SpecialK
Master Rewinder
Member # 2152

Member Rated:
Wizard, that movie really sounds familiar and I'm not sure why. Didn't the son join the rugby team to impress some girl or something along those lines? I remember seeing a movie (can't remember how long ago) set in New Zealand, and it involved a teenage boy joining a rugby team, which had players on the team who picked on him, and he had the hots for a girl. I might be confusing your movie with another one though.
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats not it.
HUGGA BUNCH is about a girl whose Grandma is moving into a retirement home. One day she's hugging a stuffed toy Grandma gave her and she hears giggling. It's a Hugga Bunch that comes out through a mirror...( a HUGGA BUNCH is an ugly doll thats supposedly cute. Think CABAGE PATCH). The girl shows the doll around the house. It accidentally hides in a pile of laundry and gets spun-cycled by Mom. Girl rescues it, fixes its hair. They take brothers red baseball cap. They go through the mirror to Land Of Hugs (I think)which is all billowy and pillowy and a bunch of ugly dolls sing about the Joy Of Hugs (not to be confused with the Joy Of Sex or The Joy Of Cooking)They find out there is a fruit that makes people who are old young again and have to get that fruit from a tree hidden behind a glass casing thats guarded by an evil Queen who sorta looks like the evil Queen from SNOW WHITE.They go through all this hoopla to get the fruit...only to drop it when they come back through the mirror.For whatever reason Grandma decides to stay anyway and we learn that hugs pretty much cure what ails ya. Uh-huh. THAT'S my synopsis for HUGGA BUNCH.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SarahMSVU said:

quote:
On her way back through the mirror, she drops the berries and they dissapear. The whole moral of the story is that people get old and there's not much we can do about it.
Mamamiasweetpeaches said:

quote:
They go through all this hoopla to get the fruit...only to drop it when they come back through the mirror.For whatever reason Grandma decides to stay anyway
You gotta admit, it does sound like it.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I meant its not the ballet teacher rugby movie. I have no idea what that one is.
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
THE BIG GREEN? (1995)
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trust me guys its the hugga bunch movie i v seen it tons of times and its definitly the flick [Smile]
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home