iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie of the Day--Outrageous Fortune

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie of the Day--Outrageous Fortune
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay this one just popped into my head and was a good pairing for Bette Midler and Shelley Long. They star as two women who fall for the same man who is using them in his crime adventures. You could not have paired two more perfectly matched ladies for these roles. They go on a wild goose chase together after the man they thought loved them and end up finding the truth about him. They end up becoming friends and figuring out the mystery together. This reallly was a funny movie with good co-starring roles by Robert Prosky and Peter Coyote. I would definately recommend this one for anyone who wants to laugh.

What do you all think about this 1987 comedy?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
{They both look down the body of the man on the morgue slab, and get to a certain place.....}

Together: "That's not him!"

Haven't seen this one in a while - good pick!

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd love to compare Outrageous with Big Business...haha

I love Outrageous....it's so funny..Bette is just great and Shelly too. Her acting exercises crack me up. It's hard to not think of her as Diane. :)But towards the middle I get antzy watching it..

.....Big Business for me is more entertaining.

Bette is hillarouis in this one! Rose and Sadie and Rose and Sadie. The scenes of Jupiter Hollow are so funny.
I guess I just love twins mismatched at birth movies... [Big Grin]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I loved Big Business too!! Two bettes for the price of one!!!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Outrageous Fortune. It's great. They couldn't have picked a better person for Shelley Long's part. That part was just made for her. Bette and Shelley did a great job working together.
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Outrageous Fortune (1987) last night and what a crazy comedy it was!
Liked Midler and Long very much but i kept thinking why does Bette wear that huge orange jumper. Well, IMDb told me that she was pregnant and they tried to hide it [Smile]
Lots of foul language in the film which was a surprise but i´m not saying that it bothered me. It would be interesting to see Midler in Ninja Vixens (a film her character had appeared in) [Big Grin]
Most of the scenes were good and funny but some of them didn´t amuse me. Overall, a fun female buddy-buddy film though.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen this one in an age,I have it recorded on my hard drive,I need to check it out again at some point.

I think I remember it being pretty good fun!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home