iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Dark Night of the Scarecrow

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Dark Night of the Scarecrow
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got this movie on DVD, because of someone just asking about it on here, and it reminded me about it, and I knew I thought it was scary. I watched it last night. It was still really good, I think it was made for tv. It starts out with this mentally "challenged" man named "Bubba", played by Larry Drake...he plays all day with a little girl, and these 4 rednecks are always after him, picking on him, well Charles Durning plays the main redneck, he's a postman who lives in a boarding home-they are all pretty much a bunch of wasteoids. The little girl goes inside a fence to check out their backyard, and "Bubba" waits for her, and she gets attacked by a dog, but Bubba kicks the fence in, and the next thing you see..is him take her to her mother, and the mother screams, and you think she's dead, and so do those men, and they go hunt him down. Bubba's mother tells him to go play the hiding game, so he hides inside the Scarecrow, but they track him down with hunting dogs, and Charles Durning sees his eyes in the mask of the scarecrow, and they open fire and shoot him 21 times, and kill him, and then it comes over their CB, that the girl is fine, that Bubba actually saved her life, and they don't know what to do, cause they just murdered him in cold blood, so they stick a pitchfork in his hand, and make it look like he came after them, and they go to trial, but they get off because there were no witnesses...but the mother of Bubba yells at them.. that there are more ways of getting justice. Then they all start ending up in "accidents"...it is pretty darn scary, especially the ending, it keeps you guessing the whole way about who is doing it...and I liked that, cause it was very suspenseful, and I don't ever see movies like that anymore. Does anybody else remember it?? And what did you think about it, I highly recommend it.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked that movie too. I remember us talking about it before in a post or a PM. Is it an official release or a bootleg?
I watched it on tv when it originally aired and thought it was pretty cool.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was an official release, not a Bootleg, but I think it is OOP. Cause it was the only one I saw when I had bid on it. I paid almost $20 for it-but that's not bad to me, if it is something hard to find-I think that's actually pretty good.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend swears we saw this movie together. I'm here to tell ya: I never saw it. He walks around saying "Bubba didnt do it" but the joke is lost on me cuz I never saw the movie.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home