iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » FEAR

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FEAR
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched this movie last night. It was the one with Ally Sheedy, and she is psychic and helps police solve murders. It was really good. Michael O'Keefe is in it-and I like him, and Lauren Hutton was in it, and I just saw her in American Gigalo the other night-and had no idea she was going to be in FEAR, she didn't have much of a part, but that is another weird coincidence, that I picked another movie within the same week, with the same actor in it, who doesn't even make that many movies, and they were made years apart, maybe I am psychic- [Wink]

Anyway, I really LOVED Ally Sheedy's house by the beach in this movie, even though she wasn't completely unpacked, and it wasn't a type of style of house that I normally like, I thought it was really cool.

I thought the story line was really pretty cool, it was really scary in some places, it made me have nightmares.

Has anyone else ever seen it??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Isis

Yeah - I've seen it. Pretty good from what I remember. Doesn't she get inside the mind of a serial killer, or something along those lines?

There's also another film with Mark Wahlberg and Reece Witherspoon, which I'm pretty sure is called "Fear" too.

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Duckie there is that other movie Fear with Mark Walberg-who cindymancini is good friends with. That's why I was surprised to find this movie, it was another Vintage Video find.

She can tell anything about a person when she touches something of theirs. She gets in to the minds of murderers.

But the one the movie is mostly about, he is psychic too, and he knows when she is reading his mind, and it makes it even creepier, because they can communicate back and forth in their minds, and what he does is freaky. Since he is psychic, he uses what people are the most afraid of, when he kills them, he likes to feel their Fear, and he can read their mind to know what it is. Like, he suffocates a woman, because he knows that's her worst fear, which makes it even creepier.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that movie!! I've been waiting ages to get a copy so that we can get a review with some pics up on the site. It sure is a good thriller [Smile]

"Caaaaaayyyyyseeeeee...." [Big Grin]

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrsMarit
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1470

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for MrsMarit   Email MrsMarit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man do I love this movie

One of the few I kept on VHS until maybe some day they release it on dvd.

Ally Sheedy was SO good in it and the twist with him being psychich too was great.

Posts: 56 | From: Anchorage AK | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Nick, I recall reading on the IMDB that the movie came out in 1990. It could be the first movie reviewed for the 90s Movies Rewind, unless the copyright date at the end of the movie states that it's an 80s holdover (much like several movies reviewed on our site).

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good point John... I had a feeling it was technically a 90s movie, but we normally don't let that stop us if the movie is worth having [Wink]

-I just set the release year as 1989 [Wink]

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home