iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Artistic '80s movie characters

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Artistic '80s movie characters
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, who would you consider to be a prime example of the 'artiste' in '80s (or near '80s) flicks?

I'll start...

Jack Nicholson...

As THE JOKER in Batman, ol' Jack defaced priceless paintings like a pro! Extra points to the man with the eternal grin for blasting Prince tunes on the boombox.

And who could forget the lunatic opus Jack penned in The Shining!! >> All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy / All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy / All work and no play . . .

Nicholson is the man!

Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't think of any movie characters, but what does come to mind is the blind girl in the clip for Lionel Richies "Hello".
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Stryker in the Airplane movies? When we first see him he's painting a war scene of a guy carrying his leg on his shoulder...
Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Keith in Some Kind Of Wonderful. He was a painter.......
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GremlinBreakfast
Rewind Gizmo
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for GremlinBreakfast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steve Guttenberg's character in 'Three Men & A Baby' was one hell of a graffiti-artist!

I so wanted that wall/mural in my house! [Smile]

~grems!

Posts: 318 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Edward Scissorhands was 80's, right (Well, released in 1990)? He could sculpt bush-things like nobody's business.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarLite
Rewind Curious
Member # 3519

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for StarLite   Email StarLite   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoops (John Cusack) from "One Crazy Summer". He drew cartoons of fuzzy bunnies or something. great movie
Posts: 10 | From: new england | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, good suggestions, folks.

Makes me want to go out & buy all these movies!

Especially Airplane!!

Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Horned King...........nice topic....and I put some thought into to it...okies here it goes.

I consider someone an 'artist' in many forms....not just pen to paper! the many ways you can express your artistic creativity!

so how about first off...

Hollywood & Jonathan Switcher......they put together window displays that had crowds lining up around the block.....haha!

Andie........she could sew beautiful creations out of vintage and used clothes....look at her prom dress it got her the man she wanted....maybe not the one she 'should' have ended up with!

Charles Cummings......an amateur photographer obsessed with 6 years his wiser,Demi Moore. The lesson learned artists...don't fall in love with your subject....it's nothing but heartache...in the end or a cute Jennifer Tilly.

and last from me.....(showing my indie side...haha) Kiki...in After Hours.....an awesome movie from Mr.Scorsese....I can't forget her punk attiude and very crazy sculptures of people....the cool 80's New York City loft she lived in...stuck in the 60's Terri Garr and her pencil drawings too...haha!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Sully (Susan Tyrell) from Angel, she painted all the time, and gave Angel pictures and she would cover them up with others, and take them down when she showed up. I like her picture...Fruit with Gun.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home