iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » How to spend the Perfect evening

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How to spend the Perfect evening
Cowboy10uk
Master Rewinder
Member # 117

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Cowboy10uk   Email Cowboy10uk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just spent the evening in Candlelight with Joss sticks burning, sipping Jack Daniels and watching Moving Violations, Does it get any better than this. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 158 | From: Hazzard County | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My perfect evening would be cooking a candlelight dinner for my wife (most likely spaghetti since that's her favorite) then lounging back on the sofa and watching a couple of '80s flicks with a hearty fire smoldering away in the fireplace.

I did this with her last month and we had a salad, spaghetti and garlic bread with candles burning while a little Andrea Bocelli played over the surround sound. I didn't want the moment to end.
You guys ought to do something like this for your spouse or girlfriend. Let it be a suprise. She'll really enjoy it and I promise you will too.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man, could you please send this to my boyfriend!!!!!!! [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Dinner and a movie' is the time-honored classic date regardless of who's in charge.

BB: you big softie, you.~wink

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm easy to please: pizza, beer on ice, VCR.
I'm what we call a cheap date.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Especially now that it's cold outside, the best place to be is on my couch with a big comfy blanket or quilt. I usually light my favorite vanilla candle and have lots of snacks. Obviously, there's an 80's movie playing, probably Weird Science or Making the Grade. May sound low key to some but it's all I need to feel happy. [Razz]

[ 24. November 2004, 10:11: Message edited by: cindymancini ]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BB you sure are a romantic guy, your wife is so lucky!!

My favorite evening would be going out to a really nice place to eat, get stared at longingly by my boyfriend, maybe go rent a movie and curl up on the couch and snuggle. We did this Sunday night and watched The Butterfly Effect, it was actually a very good movie. I hadn't heard that much good about it but we liked it.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bigfoot-that was very nice stuff.

Me and my husband do that kind of stuff, he's more romantic than me...I remember last year for Valentines Day we had a party with our friends, which is more fun than just being alone.

I made stuffed shells with cheese, and a big salad- I even make my own kinds of salad dressings, and I made strawberry cream cheese stuff strawberries-which were good, and I usually make another dessert, like a chocolate truffle cheesecake with raspberries on top.

Anyway, I have a billion decorations, and candles everywhere, and it is always so romantic, with all the lights, and I make party favors for everyone, and my husband and son bought me a bouquet of lavendar roses, which are just like the ones in Bed of Roses, and they bought me a bracelet that matched the roses perfectly, that is a hard Valentine's Day to top.
My husband took some of the rose petals and flung a blanket out on the floor in front of our fireplace once, and had candles any everything, and I fell asleep-I guess you could say I am not a cheap date, because I fail to ever show up half the time.

But, my way to relax is we have a hot tub under a pergola and I love sitting out there with all my lights on, and there's a balcony off my master bedroom, and I have white lights all on the balcony and around the pergola, it is so pretty at night, to be outside looking up at the stars, it is completely relaxing.

I am all for making a big bowl of popcorn and watch an 80's movie too though.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home