iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie of the Day--Caddyshack

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie of the Day--Caddyshack
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well this just came on. Not one that I have seen ad naseum but still a worth while flick. Pranks with candy bars, sitting in vomit, and a weird gofer make this film appealing to those who like grossout comedy--which was by far ahead of its time at the time. It of course starred Michael O'Keefe, Chevy Chase, the late Rodney Dangerfield, the late Ted Knight, and Bill Murray. An interesting side note about this is that Bill's brother Brian Doyle Murray co-wrote this flick. Kind of funny to see a movie that Bill Murray doesn't carry in my opinion. A simple story that follows a kid with a dream to go to college. A pretty awesome soundtrack as well goes along with this.

What are your fond memories of this flick? ;)

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to be the first to say the swimming pool scene is classic. When Bill Murray is cleaning out the pool and he picks up the candy bar which is suppose to be a TURD! and says "SEE IT'S NO BIG PROBLEM" and takes a huge bite. And That Lady Passes out.
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the film that turned Rodney Dangerfield from just another stand up comedian into a superstar. A definite classic movie with laughs a pleanty, a great cast and helped spawn one of the most awful sequels of all time.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I just meet Cindy Morgan ( Lacey Underall) at the Megafest when I was there with Joanna Cameron. I was actually in the bathroom talking to her,(she said...can you spare a square?-and I said-nope there's no square to spare-then I ran out of the bathroom with all the toilet paper) Actually....she was in there curling her hair...I asked her if she still stayed in contact with Bill Murray, because I said he made the movie Ground Hog Day based on my hometown of Punxsutawney, PA, and she said that his 2 brothers were helping her host a Golf Fundraiser and different cast members of CaddyShack were going to be there.

My husband got her autograph for his boss cause he's a big golf nut.

I like the movie. But, I don't know if I have ever sat down and watched it from beginning to end.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Sam, I think you need to see the sequel another 50 times. I happen to think that it is hilarious. Mason is a riot, but I guess you have to like him as well. Some of the lines in that movie crack me up.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mason was ok, but Chase and Aykroyd were just dismal. The story i also thought was lacking considerably.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a great comedy! I loved Chevy Chase in this one. I liked the little sound he would make before he would swing. I also loved Bill Murray and Dangerfield. I liked the Gopher too. Remember Bill Murray making that special turf that you could play golf on then roll it up and smoke it?! The movie had a great cast.
I was at a store yesterday and I saw that Gopher toy from the movie that has the button you press and he dances to the "I'm allright" song from the movie, except this one was a Christmas version wearing a red scarf and santa hat.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No way on the Xmas Gopher!! That is awesome, what store did you see it in???? I would love to get one!! Since I am all about the Groundhog. Tell Me, maybe even if they don't have one around here, they have a website and I can order one, that would be awesome.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it is cool that you met the woman that played Lacey Underall. What else has she been in? This was one of the classic casts of all time because of how they each went on to have such big careers. You don't see many movies made anymore with such talents all together.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the dancing Gopher (regular version) once, but I can't really remember where, probably a K-mart or JC Penney. If Murray would give his permission, it would be cute to see it issued in association with a Carl Spackler doll, armed with toy grenade launcher or the like.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last weekend, the TV show "Access Hollywood" did an hour-long special tribute to the city of Miami, Florida.

They showed the various celebrities who lives there, as well as movies that were filmed there. And there was a little special segment on "Caddyshack", as it was shot in some golf courses just outside the area. Namely, Davie and Boca Raton.

I remember reading somewhere that Bill Murray and his brother Brian Doyle-Murray opened up a Caddyshack restaurant by that same golf course.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Isis, I saw the Christmas Gopher at Target. I saw the regualar version a couple years ago at KB Toys and KB Drugs.
Good luck on your Gopher hunt. Don't forget a water hose and a grenade!

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jlp937 asked:
quote:
I think it is cool that you met the woman that played Lacey Underall. What else has she been in?...
Mostly TV stuff.

(click below):
http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0604563

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cowboy10uk
Master Rewinder
Member # 117

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Cowboy10uk   Email Cowboy10uk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out the Caddyshack windows theme and screensaver here, Not to bad

http://www.themeworld.com/cgi-bin/preview.pl/themes/cadshack.zip

Posts: 158 | From: Hazzard County | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
The only other thing she did that would be well known was TRON.

I looked and found different versions of the gopher on the internet, but not a Xmas one.

But, there is a Target not too far from me, so I might have to go have a look.

My husband likes to golf, and I saw a gopher that came inside a golf bag, it said Caddyshack on the side, it was cute. It might not be such a practical gift. But he's a cute little guy!

mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that candy bar in the pool scene. I dont really dig the whole movie. When they play it on TV I watch up until Bill Murray eats the candy bar and then I turn it off. That scene is a classic. I cry everytime I watch it.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely adore this movie.
I watch it every time its shown on tv.
It has to be one of the funniest movies ever made.Every performance is comedy perfection.
Chevy is great as Fletch,but in Caddyshack he is just amazing.I love the scene where he's putting golf balls without any difficulty,jumping around and making Lee Majors Bionic man sounds!
ne-ne-ne-ne-ne-ne !! haha.
And Rodney is just superb
''hey everybody,we're all gonna get laid''.
Fantastic.
Of course lets not forget the Gopher.
What a mover.

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthernKat
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3239

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SouthernKat   Author's Homepage   Email SouthernKat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

At the Megafest Isis and I attended, they had a showing of the movie. William O'Keefe??? the main character guy did a couple of other movies I liked "The Great Santini" and "Split Image" (in which he gets lured into a cult run by Peter Fonda's character and he is de-programmed by James Woods). And then, I think he did a baseball movie with Rebecca DeMornay. But has been off the radar ever since.

It was fun to meet Cindy Morgan (Lacey) and she laughed when I told her it must have been fun to be a bitch in the scenes she did with Chevy Chase. And it was her that did the perfect swan dive into the pool. Cindy was also in another one of my favorite movies "Tron" where she got to pal around with one of my favorite actors Bruce Boxleitner (anyone ever see "How the West was won? YUMMMM!)

Caddyshack and Airplane came out that same year, 1979 and both made me laugh so hard my face hurt!

SouthernKat

Posts: 51 | From: Altamonte Springs Florida | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, 1980, but same difference. That was probably the best year for comedy ever, if you consider The Blues Brothers was also released that year.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. [Big Grin]
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that your favorite bit, Valley?
[Cool]

I think the Cinderella story speech is pure gold,

and the thought of Rodney dancing to Journey's Don't Stop Believin' cracks me up!

Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This crowd has gone deadly silent, a Cinderella story outta nowhere. Former greenskeeper and now about to become the masters champion.

TheHornedKing this movie ranks way up there as one my favorite comedies of all time. I still laugh hard when I watch it for like the 100th time by now I'm sure. My favorite character is actually Ted Knight's Judge Smails, but Rodney Dangerfield nailed his part to comedic perfection.

For my favorite part, I would have to go with The Bishop having the golf game of his life in a monster thunderstorm with Carl Spackler as his caddy. "I don't think the hard stuff is gonna come down for quite awhile yet". Then he misses the final putt and gets struck by lightening. But watching Spackler sneak away is golden. [Big Grin]

[ 27. November 2004, 04:38: Message edited by: ValleyCat ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home