iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Paradise

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Paradise
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a bid on PARADISE with Willie Ames and Phoebe Cates, I have looked for it forever, tonight I found it on DVD, it isn't a copy either, it looks like it has just been released, has anyone seen it in the stores anywhere? I found several copies starting for $2.99 each.
I have never seen it. The artwork on the DVD cover looks really cool. I was really excited. [Big Grin]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yet another actress you and i both like isis-MISS PHOEBE CATES. i would only watch this movie because of her. the movie itself, is a BLUE LAGOON rip-off, but not completely hard to get through. if you like cates, and i know you do, it's watchable.

p.s. i never heard of a dvd release, but if it really exists, i would snag it for the price you mentioned.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis, once you're done watching this you need to come on here and give us a good review. I have never seen it and I've been going back and forth on whether or not I should buy it. I do have the soundtrack on cd, well actually, it's Phoebe's entire solo album which includes music from Paradise. There's a reason it was released only in Japan. But in her defense, it's not her voice, it's the material. It just kinda sucks.
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bid on it, and some other good ones from the same seller on Ebay, if I get it Cindy, I'll send it to you to watch.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GremlinBreakfast
Rewind Gizmo
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for GremlinBreakfast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha... For some reason Isis, I thought that you were posting about the 'Paradise' movie starring Don Johnson, Melanie Griffith and Elijah Wood. [Embarrassed] It didn't click with me at first that the one I thought your thread was about was made in 1991.

I can't say I have seen this particular one though! Maybe I should being as Miss Cates is in it! I like her!

~grems!

Posts: 318 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw it on TV once. And you know...certain movies just cant translate from movie to TV. Like BLUE LAGOON and PARADISE. They are naked teens on an islnd flicks and if you take away the naked what are we left with????
I saw Willie Aames on a talk show once. He was talking about how he and Phoeboe were a couple when they made PARADISE and that without telling them they were going to do it the makers of the film used doubles for the racier scenes. I guess in those days you couldnt sue for such a thing (something similar happened in ZAPPED,another Aames movie, where they usewd stunt breasts for Heather Thomas' charactor). Well anyway...he says the stress over making PARADISE is what caused them to break up.
I cant say I was wowwed by either PARADISE or BLUE LAGOON. They seemed pretty silly and far-fetched plot-wise to me. But thats just me.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home