iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Is anyone here a fan of.......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is anyone here a fan of.......
GremlinBreakfast
Rewind Gizmo
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for GremlinBreakfast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My youngest brother has just made my day!

He comes knocking on my door, shouting that he and mum have found something that I loved when I was younger! I had no idea, but I was kinda hoping for the Thundercats T-shirts I once had to reappear. To my surprise, it was my old VHS copy of "Russkies" (1987) I was so made up... I haven't seen it in a very long time! I even thought I had lost it, or my mum had sold it in a carboot sale!

If anyone doesn't quite remember it, its that family movie starring Leaf 'Joaquin' Phoenix, and Peter Billingsley, and they befriend a Russian sailor washed up on the coast of Florida, despite their parents and the government not liking the idea of him being there.

Does anyone else like this film? Its by no-means a classic, but its a movie that I have always enjoyed watching until I thought I lost it. Luckily, I have no tough decisions to make for my sunday movie choice now!

~grems!

Posts: 318 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have that movie too Grems!!!! I thought it was a great movie for my son, it was perfect for his age group. I love Peter Billingsley, and I have tried to get every movie he has been in. The other movie that he did that I thought was a great movie for young boys that same age, was The Dirt Bike Kid.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GremlinBreakfast
Rewind Gizmo
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for GremlinBreakfast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree 100% with you Isis... I love both movies, and even the amazing "A Christmas Story!" Funny you should mention 'The Dirt Bike Kid' though, because I said how much I preferred it over 'BMX Bandits' on another thread I started.

~grems! [Smile]

Posts: 318 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Freaky, cause I haven't even read that thread yet!!! Good Karma Grems!!!!

Great Minds think alike!!

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Ruskies too. Haven't seen it since it originally played in the theater.
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually haven't seen that whole movie. Wasn't Whip Hubley in it? He was one of the pilots from Top Gun--I think he was Hollywood, oughto I feel a good post coming on!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GremlinBreakfast
Rewind Gizmo
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
He sure was Jess... Whip Hubley played the Russian.

A 'Top Gun' post in the making then huh?! haha! [Smile]

~grems!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home