iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » "Clue: The Movie" (1985) Spoiler Alert!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Clue: The Movie" (1985) Spoiler Alert!
GremlinBreakfast
Rewind Gizmo
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for GremlinBreakfast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I absolutely love this movie! The cast is just spot-on, and the dark humour of its screenplay is definately up there for my personal taste.

Up until now I always thought that there were only three endings that were shot... only this afternoon I found a website that states that a fourth (more sinister conclusion) was filmed; which has wadsworth (the brilliant tim curry) confess to the murders of the night, and ultimately meet his maker in a different way to what we saw in ending three. I can see why it wasn't used, but I do hope it will surface on a special edition DVD someday. Maybe some nice extras would be a great addition too... Paramount please take note and provide us a goodie! [Wink]

Check it out guys and gals!

http://www.geocities.com/notjustagameanymore

Does anyone else share their love for this movie like I do? I think its just great viewing, but thats my high opinion. [Smile]

~grems!

Posts: 318 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Grems---I absolutely love Clue!!! I totally know what you mean about the cast being spot on!!! Fabulous.

I cannot believe that there is a 4th ending. Please give me more details about this! Maybe they should release a special anniversary edition with some behind the scenes things. I would love to see how the making of this movie went. Cast interviews, relaxed shots of all of the interior. I would love to know more about where this was made.

Great post today grems!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GremlinBreakfast
Rewind Gizmo
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for GremlinBreakfast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Jess... I try! [Smile]

Theres absolutely loads of info on that website/link I gave up there; from pictures to deleted scenes, to trivia and goofs etc. Its pretty cool.

The fourth ending is actually in the novella of the movie, and the person who made the site says that Jonathan Lynn (the director) just wasn't simply happy with the fourth ending, and Tim Curry says it appeared to obvious. You can read more about it in an extract of the novella which is also included on the site.

Glad someone else loves the movie like I do!

~grems!

Posts: 318 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cool website Grems!

I love Clue too! It was always one of those you'd watch at the slumber party and play the game after....I like to play Clue even now with my little cousin.

Tim Curry, I agree brillant! The cast was huge.....Martin Mull,Chris Lloyd,Colleen Camp looking at the cast list haha even Jane Weidlin was the telegram girl "we got the beat".....The score was great to Clue especially towards the end!

I want a red clue t-shirt.......haha! "I just died laughing" ahhhh man... [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my gosh, how did you find this site anyway??? It looks really interesting. Thanks so much for introducing it to us. I will go back and check it out later!!! Gosh I am so excited today there is so much that I want to look up.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could never get tired of watching Clue - the pacing is just so frenetic, the acting is awesome, especially Madelaine Kahn... so icy yet freaky at the same time.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I hated her so much....flames....flames..."

One of the most underrated comedies ever. As mentioned, Tim Curry blew me away in this, and one of the most amazing paces I've seen. I always wanted to take a whole day with a yellow legal pad and chart everything said in the three endings and actually see if it was true. It must've been a nightmare to write the screenplay.

Sadly, the house no longer stands. Paramount designed it for the film then knocked it down. Would be awesome if it were on a lot tour.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I really liked it as a kid. I also have it on DVD, I think I watched it once. It doesn't do it for me anymore.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home