iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie of the Day-My Stepmother is an Alien

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie of the Day-My Stepmother is an Alien
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay--I love the back that anyone can take a menu from a diner and cook the whole thing in like 12 hours. Kim Basinger was so cute in this movie. She nailed the innocence of an alien from another planet. I really liked how they talked about Jimmy Durante, Ham on Rye with Mayo, Sneezes, and Sleeping like it was the first time that you had heard of them as well. I loved the kissing scene so cute!! "Busy girl that Debbie.." "Dad she ate batteries!"

Cute supporting role by Jon Lovitz, I know I know that is probablly the only time anyone has thought "cute" while referring to him. I liked it in the end when he got to go on the spaceship with all of the women that looked like Princess Stephanie of Monacco.

Did anyone else like this movie as much as I did?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlawill
Rewinder
Member # 1139

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for starlawill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just thinking of this movie makes me smile!
after we saw it, me and my sister tried having that pop tart/syrup/coke thing for breakfast..wow! talk about a sugar rush!!

still need to get it on dvd. found it in the $5 bin at wal-mart and almost bought it till i saw it was full screen. hubby has spoiled me with widescreen. i just can't go back! lol

Posts: 48 | From: new york | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im sorry but I hated it. Its on my websites WORST list.
But thats just me.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loved it. Haven't seen it for a few years now, but it will always have a place in my heart for being the first pairing of Alyson Hannigan and Seth Green (Willow and Oz 4 eva)
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*cough*

-

[Big Grin]

I like the film, Dan Ackroyd hadn't yet lost his ability to make a movie worth watching at that point (his films made in the last decade aren't nearly as good as his 80s films), it's certainly on my 'replace VHS with DVD' list.

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GremlinBreakfast
Rewind Gizmo
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for GremlinBreakfast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"have you... ever had the feeling that you wanted to go, ever had the feeling that you wanted to stay!"

Its definately one of my favourites... No matter how many times I watch MSIAA I still laugh out loud (particularly at that kissing sequence, and when miss kim learns the in's and outs of sex to seduce her new lover)

I think its mainly down to having a great cast; everyone from ackroyd, basinger, lovitz, hannigan etc. all have their comedic moments throughout the movie. The only downfall I can put forward is the wait for celeste to appear... but I guess the reason for her earthly mission (and its relevant backstory) is needed beforehand.

I think I might watch this again sometime this afternoon... thanks jess! [Smile]

~grems!

Posts: 318 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your welcome Gizmo!! Okay you all I have just recovered from a brain fart. Alyson Hannigan is Michelle Flaherty from the American Pie trilogy. There was a connection that was missing there. WOW!!!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2420

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for David   Email David   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the film, got a copy off Ebay and make sure to watch it every few weeks. I will never get bored of this movie. Everything about the movie just makes you feel great, if I'm having a bad day, all I need to do is watch this and I'm great.
Posts: 25 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home