iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Tell a Rewinder how you really feel?? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Tell a Rewinder how you really feel??
Trash4130
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3386

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Trash4130   Email Trash4130   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well,what can i say, i guess to everyone else im just a random nobody on here! but thanks for EARTH ANGEL ive become what feels like some kind of b list celeb! thanks a lot! so now its my turn to add to the tributes to the one and only Angel of the 80s!!

well what can i say? i guess i could start with the fact that Earth angel is a full on "high five im alive" kind of gal!for all you that dont understand(which is probably all of you) she rules! shes not only one of the funniest people on here! shes also one of the nicest! if i cant talk to her about good ol uk adverts and random tv series shes always good to talk to about the good ol funny things in life such as awkward moments between ex's and just good ol times! i dont think theres been a moment when ive talked to her thats shes not brought a smile to my face no matter what mood ive been in! so here i must say! Earth angel,,We're not worthy,we're not worthy!......by the way, its actually prenounced milllwacae!

[ 17. November 2004, 16:33: Message edited by: Trash4130 ]

Posts: 77 | From: London, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok...I have to say thanks to NICK, for without his undying love of the 80's, and his commitment to start this whole thing, none of us would have this place to come to. I do feel the LOVE here between people, and it is so great to read all this stuff, because so many people have become good friends through here, and that means so much.

This is kind of like a good way to do a Pre Thanksgiving thank-you list for everything your grateful for, and The Rewind- I have tremendous gratitude towards.

Spending the week with Muffy was like so cool, I can't even believe it came and went, and she was really here, it flew by so fast, but I'll never forget it. My husband called from the airport, cause I was home with my son, and it was after 11PM, and he said "her plane is delayed, so I think I might be here awhile longer", then all of a sudden I hear screaming- and it was MUFFY!!!! They were goofing on me, and they got me good. All I thought about was how nervous I was when I saw them pull in, and we had to check each other out, and hug each other 50 times, but it was like I knew her before and I felt so familiar with her, that was the coolest part-that we were so comfortable with each other. I won't ever forget making popcorn together and sitting on the couch together watching movies, and talking all night-or until I konked out. I had the coolest time even grocery shopping with her, and cruising around the Wal-Mart parking lot listening to Rebel Yell!! Then going to meet cindymancini, that was too cool for words. We had the best time, and I know all 3 of us will never forget sitting at Cindy's diningroom table having lunch together, and talking up a storm, then treking out to the video store, I wish everyone had perfect days like that in their life, to refelect back on and remember and get such a happy feeling about.
I am very lucky.

Mr.Goof- since, I am Mrs.Goof- are we official yet?? It is so cool to have a friend like you, and it has been over a year since we have known each other, and I feel like I have known you my whole life, and that we live in a different world sometimes. It is just the coolest thing, and we have a very special relationship, that alot of people maybe won't ever understand or even be able to relate to, but that is what makes us so unique, because people live their whole lives wishing for things they never get, and I always thought I had a pretty perfect life so far, and that it was pretty complete and I was already lucky, but then I got you, and it is like my life is complete now, because you have filled a void in my life I never even knew existed. Your right, I have been extremely nice to you lately, I'd like to say-don't get use to it, but I won't goof on you- at least in this moment, maybe I'll just say..get use to it!
P.S. EA is right, you got the cutiest darn cheeks....just like Mr. Poppin Fresh!!!

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
stitch_groover- Wow, I get a mention? I must be popular. [Big Grin] You're so awesome, and I'm glad I know what your name means now, too--It doesn't confuzzle me anymore. [Big Grin]

C.T.- I was eaten for a short time, but your tears made this giant energy ball thing of unexplained proportions (c) and freed me in some elaborate way I just pulled out of thin air. Thanks! I do have some wonderful friends offline as well, but I'm just as close to the people here.

Muffy- Thanks loads! Although I've said it before and I'll say it again--no one can outgoof Valley. [Wink] And I pride myself in my taste in movies, thank you very much! But I can't write any better than you can. [Wink] And you're so pretty--"When I grow up, I wanna be a Muffy!" And yes, indeed, does Little Monsters rock.

jlp- Your posting can give C.T. a run for his money. [Wink] I think you're awesome!

Nomisdrol- Your name makes me think of medication. [Wink] "I have a headache; do you have any Nomisdrol?"

logan5- You have such a way with words. I might not see you around much, but it's great to hear from you. Keep it up!

Guys, this is great. It's really made my day, and not only because I'm included. [Wink] It's great to see everyone getting along so well, and it really feels like a great big family. I love you guys! (hugs for all)

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Downright fabulous, and really rather handsome"?

Thanks Angel - I can live with that [Embarrassed]

....though reading what your young rock buddy Trash has to say about you (and indeed, you for him), it would appear that I'm not the only one round here who has the proverbial hots for you.

It would seem that my days as your number one favourite waste of time may be severely numbered...... [Frown]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TRES- I like your posting on the other thread!!

I think your way cool!!!!

Sorry, but I need to say something positive!!!!

[Big Grin] [Wink] [Big Grin] [Cool] [Big Grin]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry but this is getting rather silly, i also think because Isis has issues with Nomisdrol all the other rewinders are ganging up on him.

This is what goes on forums when cliques evolve.

Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmer Ted
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2663

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Farmer Ted   Email Farmer Ted   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just want to know if when you all show up for school on Monday morning will everybody still be friends. I mean if Isis and Muffy are standing in the hall talking and jlp937 or CT walks by will you say hello?
Posts: 59 | From: Southwest Missouri | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to add my appreciation for Nomisdrol and all the other people on the other thread....yeah it annoyed me at first...but after i thought about it...I realised....that the following things applied....

* Variety is the spice of life
*a change is as good as a rest

and my mums favourite....

* It wouldnt do if we were all the same.

Thanks to all of you for adding some diversity....its what makes the place so interesting [Big Grin]

Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I do not have "issues" with Nomisdrol. I have tried to make that pretty clear. I have only spoke up when I see all the positive parts of the Rewind, being pulled apart and everyone that thought they were having fun, is now like bummed out because they feel like they can't say what they feel because it is rubbing others the wrong way, and that is exactly what is happening on here.

Smayt said something that I wish I said, but is totally how I feel. Alot of us have been here over 1 year, when you spend day after day with the same people, you are going to bond to them, even if you don't agree with everything they say, and some you may like more than others, but the whole group of us to me is like a family. There are members of my own family I like better than others, there's ones I have more in common with than others, and there's ones that rub me the wrong way.

But, I feel like everyone on here, I have some level of a connection to, and we have been through ups and downs, and bad times and good times on here.

To me after a year of all of those things, and with the holidays coming up, I just thought it was kind of nice that we all just said some nice things to each other.

I understand where lately we just went overboard with the love and affection thing, and I get the point of also doing that stuff in private messages and in emails, so I think from here out everyone pretty much has said what they feel anyway.

There is only so much stuff you can talk about, and we are all here every day, and the thing that I thought was the coolest was getting to know each of you individually, and not just superficially, because all of you started out as complete strangers, and many of you I can't imagine my life without now, so that's all I wanted to say about it.

I totally believe that Nomisdrol had every right to voice his opinion, I never said otherwise, and there's never been any time I have ever tried to influence another person on here to take sides, and come to my defense. So, I hope that clears things up around here.

Peace Again to The Rewind!!!

Long Live the 80's!

Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen to that..... [Smile]
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many threads do you need to tell some one that you like them, or enjoy their views?

I just think a large chunk of these posts should stay in private emails.

And by saying you have been on this site for over a year doesn't make your opinion anymore valid than someone who has just joined today.

Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
as Carol Anne so wisely said as the closet door opened and began to suck everything in to its evil depths........."No more"
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I LIKE WOULD'NT AND COULD'NT DO THAT"........I WOULD SPEAK TO EVERYBODY! I'M NOT WRONG FOR ASSUMING THAT WE ARE ALL FRIENDS?
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Geez, I never said my opinion was more valid, I said after a year of being here, I have formed close bonds with people, that's it, and I wish my words would stop being twisted around, cause I am trying to let the whole thing go, but it's like everyone is hanging on to it, by trying to tell me what I said that I never said.
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Canyoudigit- I agree that there were quite bit of posts about this that got excessive, so I see your point there. I don't think Isis really did anything wrong here, though--Wasn't she one of the first people to post a topic like this? But, if someone posts a fifth topic about the same thing, you can take it out on them.

She didn't say that because you're here longer it makes your opinion more valid, and even if she had, that's not how a majority of this forum feels. I hadn't been here for about a week or two before people were warming up to me and calling me a friend and listening to what I was saying.

This forum is so close and so special, and I don't think the members are getting cliquey at all. Believe me, I know what a cliquey forum is, and I've been on both sides of the spectrum as far as that's concerned. If you'd care to take the time, there's a little story to go with it (just skip it if it gets boring):

I am a fan of a little show from 1999 called Big Wolf on Campus. It took me a long time (at least a year if I'm not mistaken) to gather up the courage to join the forum of bigwolfoncampus.org, one of the only and best fan sites the show had. It was the first forum I had ever joined. I started out the wrong way, though, as I really was scared of talking to them because a few members weren't the friendliest.

The members who had been there since the site began (years before I came) were really well-respected, and I had gotten on the bad side of one of them over a fan fiction fight (I was a total snob because I wasn't used to someone critiquing my stories honestly.), so from then on, every time I posted, I would get one response: It was from that member, and it was really mean. I tried smoothing it over, and I honestly felt bad about it, but he just wouldn't stop, and it took a lot of e-mails to the webmaster for us to finally stop it.

So I got an instant message from this member. We weren't on good terms, but we began speaking with each other and apologizing, and he really turned out to be a nice guy. We only had a few disputes after that (which only lasted a few days), and we both realized that the other person wasn't so bad after all.

And as time went on, and I was at the forum longer, people started to like me, and I got to be well-respected (People weren't afraid to voice their opinions, mind you, but it was more of an agree to disagree kinda thing.). Thinking about it now, I'm not even sure if the respect came from just being there longer.

After the show ended and was taken off the air in the US, the forum got pretty quiet. New members did start popping up every once and awhile, usually from another country where the show still aired. I tried to make it a point to be nice to them, but it seemed that all the responses from other members (almost always older members, because that's all we had) were mean and cruel. I tried not to start fights over it, but I'd try and be subtle and say, "Play nice." or some other little rule like that.

So members eventually started telling me to shut up and get off the high horse. I don't know how being nice turned into thinking I'm better than them, but it did. They really didn't like people who hadn't been there for a year, and because I was asking them to be nice, it made them mad. This went on for years, and I couldn't find a single positive message anymore. I told them my opinions, and it didn't help.

I was very sad, because I'd made a lot of friends there. This was my family. Now they were telling me that they didn't care for me anymore, and what we used to have was gone. I finally told them I had to go, and I haven't posted there since then.

So I know what cliques can be as far as forums are concerned, and I don't think it's happening here. If it is happening to some extent, it really isn't as bad as you think it is or it could be.

[Big Grin] Did I depress up the thread? Honestly, it was just going to be an example and it turned into this big drama story.

[ 21. November 2004, 15:52: Message edited by: Obscurus Lupa ]

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I like your story Lupa. It is true...I don't understand either why people go some place that they share a common bond with people, that they don't in the real world, and then be mean. I just believe that some people are never happy no matter what you do or say, and it really doesn't matter. You can do all you can to try and make it better, and if they are just plain unhappy, you'll think it is you, but it is them, and you just have to let it go. It is hard, I am the last one to take my own advice. There is absolutely nothing wrong on this site with the way things have been going, and nobody should ever feel left out, and if new people come on here and are intimidated by us, that's them, we all say hi to new people and welcome them being here. Personally I like when someone new comes along, it brings topics back up, and even if you have talked about it a million times before, so, the new person hasn't and they might have something really cool to say. Plus, there are so many movies out there I haven't seen, and I love finding new stuff, just like Making the Grade. That was the funniest part of going to the Vintage Video store with people that knew movies, that was cool, because they could say if they liked it, and if you should even waste the time on it, and that's what I like on here, is getting people's opinions on wether something is worth putting the time in to.

I think the problems that were here this past week, have resolved themselves, which I am totally grateful for. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all of course ISIS you rock!!! Before you were at this site I would respond once a month or less. The action on this board was minimal so of course without you the site would not be the same. Plus you are a wonderful person with a great heart and you truely care for everyones wellbeing on this site. Isis you are a remarkable person! [Big Grin]

VALLEYCAT - You know how much you mean to me and I know how much you miss this crazy cool person!! Me of course! [Wink] But I have always loved your company and always will... [Big Grin]

MUFFY - We have soo much in common and I love that. To be able to talk about everything 80's and things un - 80's as well it is great!!!

SAM HAIN 666 - The more cynical you are the more I find myself intrigued by your posts and I want to read more. It is great to get the other perspective to a situation. I feel that is what is missing in the world. We only hear just one side of the story. Thanks for the other side!

DEVO - You are always a wealth of information!!! It seems whenever I need an answer you tend to be the one to give it to me:)

WIZARD - You too are an excellent source for my 80's info and of course you are also a great guy! [Smile]

LUPA - You seem like a totally cool kid... hope to get to know you more...

ROCKSTEADY - You know without the chance to debate the 80's and have such perciseness to everything 80's we would all be thinking that "Pump up the Volume" is an 80's movie and whatnot... lol
PAUL & NICK - Without you guys none of this would be possible....

Lets see lets see.... well to all of you guys I have even made "contact" with has made an impact on my life... So to all of you I am greatful to be part of this site!!! [Big Grin]

And Finally... Nomisdrol I am totally greatful for the fact that you speak your mind! And Yes your Nom is Drol!!! And I love your fluffy, Fuzzy,pink, cute little bunny slippers. Don't deny it you know you have them! It takes a big man to admit to his fluffy, Fuzzy,pink, cute little bunny slippers but I admire you for it.
( I hope you see the humor in this last part [Razz] )

Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh by the way didn't anyone else feel like they were responding to winning an Oscar cause I sure did! [Big Grin] I love you guys!!! and in the ever famous words of Sally Feild "You like me you really like me!!" (Or atleast Isis does uh hmmm... I could use some more love from the rest of you guys... ASAP) LOL Just Teasing I know you all love me... What can I say I am just that GREAT!!! This post did say tell a rewinder how you feel about them... no one said you couldn't tell yourself how wonderful they/you/me/we are?!?! Right!?!? Right!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home