iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What movies are you wanting to upgrade?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What movies are you wanting to upgrade?
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quick question...What movies do you guys have on VHS that you're planning to buy on DVD? I've gone through this with most of my collection. I'm just curious. [Smile]
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just upgraded two of the biggies on election day. Got the Dazed and Confused/Fast Times at Ridgemont High Ultimate party pack.

One of the biggies yet to go is Pulp Fiction and probably Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Breakfast Club and Better Off Dead.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindy, I have upgrade everything I really liked from VHS to DVD except the ones that aren't available yet. I'm waiting on "Private School" to be released later this month...I will buy it the day it comes out.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEAVEN HELP US doesnt seem to be on dvd yet...and I want that one.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been looking for ZAPPED! on DVD i have it on VHS and it is recorded in Mono. I would like to have this movie on DVD
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah why isn't Heaven Help Us out on DVD yet? I see it on Ebay sometimes but under the title Catholic Boys (which I think is weird). It's an import DVD so I'm afraid to take a chance...
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will only upgrade if the DVD has a decent amount of features or has a great print.

I need to get.

The Goonies
The Lost Boys
Near Dark
Blue Velvet

Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cowboy10uk
Master Rewinder
Member # 117

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Cowboy10uk   Email Cowboy10uk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you seen the new Lost boys Edition. Its Fantastic and going cheap at

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=162829

Just got it and very Highly recommended

Posts: 158 | From: Hazzard County | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheResurrection
Master Rewinder
Member # 2326

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TheResurrection   Email TheResurrection   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Canyoudigit. I just got the Near Dark two disc from Anchor Bay on the weekend - with an excellent print, DTS, and great special features (haven't watched them yet though)-it's NTSC R1 though.

Anything I want basically isn't released yet.

Posts: 125 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cowboy10uk, i have seen the SE of Lost Boys and it's on my ever increasing wants list.

TheResurrection, i'm multi-region so R1 is not a problem. Although the R2 Near Dark is identical.

I have just spent a lot of money on DVD's, so they will have to wait a little longer.

Thanks for the tips though dudes.

Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home