iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Last American Virgin Website!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Last American Virgin Website!!
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Guys,

I stumbled across this earlier and thought I'd post a link.

http://www.thelastamericanvirgin.8m.com/

-

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhodes
Ace Rewinder
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for rhodes   Email rhodes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great site this movie and fast times are the two greatest high school movies ever made. The soundtrack is off the hook too. Anyone that ever got crabs must have tried the pool stunt, and you know you did !!! [Big Grin]

CAPTAIN RHODES

Posts: 434 | From: nevada | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank Goodness I don't like Seafood. [Razz]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I remember most about "The Last American Virgin" is the fact that it and "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" came out at virtually the exact same time. I actually saw this movie first and thought wow that ending was high school love fer sure. [Frown] The next weekend I saw "Fast Times" and Jeff Spicoli was Totally Awesome! Both of these movies are great 80s teen movies and a must see for anyone that missed them.

Very Cool Site Cindy.

[ 07. November 2004, 11:35: Message edited by: ValleyCat ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

A great movie. The saddest happy teen movie of all time.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got mine on dvd in the mail today!!!!!!!! YEEEHAWWWWW! "Goodnight Mrs. Apppppppplebauuuum........."
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad you guys checked out the site. I stumbled across it and was like
"Wow, radical!" Lots of good pics and info.

I am obsessed with the soundtrack. I just downloaded "In The Flesh" by Blondie. This is the song that's playing when the three girls come over to Gary's house and they're slow dancing. I had no idea it was a Blondie song until I saw the video on VH-1 Classics the other day. Now if I could only find "Better Luck Next Time" by Oingo Boingo... [Roll Eyes] [Razz]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I checked it out, it was very cool.
I liked seeing the current pictures of some of the cast, it is funny, but the people who were the nerds like Victor and Rose, seem to have the longest BIOS, and have been working the most.

I saw "Gary" has an unofficial website. He looks pretty good older. The girl that did his site though, she has a "personal journal" on there, and I have ran in to people doing those before, but I don't get it.

I mean everyone knows I blab about stuff alot, and personal things too, but to write your private thoughts and every little detail that you do all day, for anybody to read, that is a little weird, in my book. Does anyone else know what I am talking about?

I read the Joe Rubbio interview, he said he'd love to do a Reunion of the Cast Members..that would be really cool.

I watched The Last American Virgin around the same time as Fast Times at Ridgemont High too, and some of those scenes were so......risque...I had never seen anything like it ever. My mom would have killed me if she knew I set the alarm clock to sneek downstairs and watch it when I wasn't suppose to.

[ 08. November 2004, 14:22: Message edited by: isis9968 ]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
Yeah, Isis, Gary (Lawrence Monoson) looks great now! He turned into a good looking man. He was kinda dorky in the movie but then again, who wasn't at that age? I always thought the girl who played Rose was cute underneath the glasses and all. Plus, the way she kept going after Gary and her voice was hilarious.

As for some of the riskier scenes, I know what you mean. I remember watching the one featurettes on the Fast Times DVD. Amy Heckerling was talking about how they shot the poolhouse scene with Stacy and Damone and that there was actually full frontal nudity shot on Damone but the studios made them cut it. However, they kept in Jennifer Jason-Leigh's scene. It's really done differently today. And I don't think for the better. It seemed so much more real then. Now everyone is so fake and teen movies totally bite. I'm so glad I grew up when I did. Oh well...

rhodes
Ace Rewinder
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for rhodes   Email rhodes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEY MAMA its goodnight my Mrs. ROSWELLLLLLLLLLLL. sleep tight my love.i know this scene to well ;)i did something very similar to a friend of my cousins,but i started taking off my pants 2 weeks later we went to bed together [Big Grin]

CAPTAIN RHODES

Posts: 434 | From: nevada | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is it mrs roswell? i guess i'll have to watch it again
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Wow..I goofed.....but I dont feel too bad cuz it doesnt happen that often!!!!
I might actually have to watch this tonight which sux cuz it makes me weep!!!!!!!!

CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep it's Mrs. Roswell

"Good-Night Mrs. Roswellll"

"Good-Night GARY!"

Hey mamamiasweetpeaches i thought i was the only one! I love this moviw with a passion but i can't watch it all the time like i would VALLEY GIRL because of the ending. You would think with me being a MAN and all... And that i have seen LAV about 100x it would'nt get to me the way it still does it just that damn Karen Birthday party scene at the end. You would have to be non-human not to get choked up at the ending just thinking about it really brings me down.

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I think Im gonna watch LAST AMERICAN VIRGIN and CANT BUY ME LOVE tonight in that order. I've never seen CANT BUY ME LOVE but I figure its gotta have a merrier ending than LAST AMERICAN VIRGIN.(Aside from TITANIC what doesnt????)
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES I would watch Cant Buy Me Love it is a merrier ending then LAV. I have been watch on cable all week Love Dont Cost A Thing the remake to Cant Buy Me Love it like a Hip-Hop version but they did use some of the lines.
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ERIC 31
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1793

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ERIC 31   Author's Homepage   Email ERIC 31   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched this movie again last night. Last American Virgin in a totally underrated 80's classic. They really nailed high school love with that ending. I was so ****ed but I could relate. Being a nice guy gets you so much abuse. Girls seemed to like loser guys so much more. The crappier they treated the girl, the more the girl wanted them. Go figure.
Posts: 87 | From: NOR CAL | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home