iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » American WereWolf In London appreciation Thread!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: American WereWolf In London appreciation Thread!!
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
one of the greatest early werewolf movies...Setting is good...the horrifuc scenes were mastered to scare you..and the EFFECTs were mesmerising!!

who remembers it all???

John Landis, you gotta hand it to him!!

*still have nightmares about the purple faced demon*

Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
American Werewolf was one of the few movies to ever give me nightmares (the only other being Friday the 13th). I really love this film, and actually plan on watching it tonight, as I bought it on DVD a couple of weeks ago. Only now have I got the chance to sit down and watch.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhodes
Ace Rewinder
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for rhodes   Email rhodes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This movie by far is the best werewolf movie to date. I have seen quite a few of them and none of them come close at all to amounting to its performance. The look of the wolf and effects are fantastic Thank You Rick Baker! The story is very good!! The setting is great. I especially love the opening from where David and Jack start their hike through the moores to where the wolf attacks them. All that is just worth seeing itself. Jenny Agutter is a another advantage. And where David becomes a wolf for the first time and makes his first kills. All done perfect. This is the epitome of werewolves. I would like to see something that is remotely close to being as good but it doesnt appear to be unless Craven teamed with Baker can pull one out of there ***

CAPTAIN RHODES

Posts: 434 | From: nevada | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not to mention ther era it was in..the 80's had that "sense of spokyness" to many movies u agree..???like in music vids...mj's thriller to bonnie tylers-"eclipse" song n video...

i agree thsi film is the stand out of all werewolf movies, far by head of its time..it put many horror films to great shame!!

i rank this with the excorcist as "revolutuionary horror cinema"

do u feel it could have been better?>???
im not so sure..the humour was just right, the shock value was superb, the effects was amazing...maybe the ending could have lasted longer...

Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The concept of a werewolf haunted by his former "kills" is quite creative.

The Nazi wolves sequence always horrifies me!

This is one of the coolest films of the '80s.

Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home