iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Anyone reccommend 'hot pursuit?' (1987)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone reccommend 'hot pursuit?' (1987)
GremlinBreakfast
Rewind Gizmo
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for GremlinBreakfast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was bargain hunting through HMV the other day for a movie to buy on DVD, and I came across 'Hot Pursuit.' I haven't seen it before, and was just wondering if anyone would reccommend the Cusack movie before I buy.

I absolutely love the movies he made with Savage Steve Holland, and also 'The Sure Thing,' and 'Say Anything.' Would I like this one?!

Thanks for any help! [Smile]

~grems!

[ 02. November 2004, 06:28: Message edited by: GremlinBreakfast ]

Posts: 318 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grems... Hot Pursuit is ok, but nothing that special. It doesn't come anywhere close to the likes of Of the Steve Holland films or The Sure Thing. I though it was kind of flat. I wouldn't pay more than $5 for it. If you are a big fan of his you should watch it just because it's his movie, but don't be expecting anything like the others you mentioned.
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grems I picked up this movie at our video expedition........and none of us goofs had seen it??? So back to the shelf it went....mass mistake..... cause it was only $1.99!!!
here's a link to a clip.......

Hot Pursuit trailer

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually "Hot Pursuit" is a decent movie. I always put this movie in the category of if you're a John Cusack fan you will like this movie. If you're not a big fan, then I would say the movie is too uneven and can't decide whether it wants to go for laughs or be an action flick. Also, seeing Ben Stiller so young is worth the watch though. I always think it's neato to see someone in a movie that you saw in the 80s and now they have become semi-famous. John Cusack & Wendy Gazelle make a cute couple. This movie also includes the song "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" which is cool too! [Cool]
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GremlinBreakfast
Rewind Gizmo
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for GremlinBreakfast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might give it a try then guys... from what you've all said I might well enjoy it being a cusack fan and all.

Oh, and thanks for the trailer muffy! [Smile]

~grems!

Posts: 318 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, kind of an aquired taste. It's an everything but the kitchen sink movie. College stuff, love story, adventure at sea, jail fun, near misses. It's one of Cusack's more manic performances, and he's a lot shaggier than in other flicks. Loggia's brief turn is a good addition. Believability is an issue toward the end....Cusack with a machine gun!
Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lizerlu
Rewind Curious
Member # 3512

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for lizerlu   Email lizerlu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is one of my most favorite 80's movies. I thought it was so funny. If you are a John Cusack fan, it's a must have. Plus John has long hair, he is so cute in this movie. Like a nerdy Rambo. Plus the people on the island are funny too.
Posts: 4 | From: the Woodlands, Tx | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home