iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » BRAVO's 100 SCARIEST MOVIE MOMENTS LIST???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BRAVO's 100 SCARIEST MOVIE MOMENTS LIST???
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was a good show...they played it all day on Halloween. But we're trying to remember what the top ten were (BRAVO.COM has the list from 100-32)
We think #1 was JAWS, #2 was ALIEN, and #3 was EXORCIST. Anyone remember the others #4-#10?

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't see the entire show in its entirety but I do know your top 3 are spot on.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the correct link is BRAVOTV.com
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhodes
Ace Rewinder
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for rhodes   Email rhodes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright i was real drunk by the last ten but heres what i remeber [Wink]

10. AUDITION
9. NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
8. ????
7. SILENCE OF THE LAMBS
6????
5.????
4.PHYCHO

MAN WHAT A DAMM HANG OVER,BUT A GREAT PARTY!!!!!

CAPTAIN RHODES

Posts: 434 | From: nevada | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat
Master Rewinder
Member # 2334

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Fat   Email Fat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Courtesy of bravotv.com...

10. Wait Until Dark
9. Night of the Living Dead
8. Carrie
7. Silence of the Lambs
6. Shining
5. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
4. Psycho
3. Exorcist
2. Alien
1. Jaws

Posts: 180 | From: Nor. Cal 510 | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jaws was a dumb choice. Scary moments, but nothin to make you jump outta your chair, ala Freddy through the glass door, or Jason outta the lake. Psycho for it's time was a good one, but that Audition was just a shockfest. Asian girl dismembering some guy, yawn.
Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by McFly:
Jaws was a dumb choice. Scary moments, but nothin to make you jump outta your chair, ala Freddy through the glass door, or Jason outta the lake. Psycho for it's time was a good one, but that Audition was just a shockfest. Asian girl dismembering some guy, yawn.

Jaws is a fantastic horror movie, not sure it should get to number 1 though.

Audition is one of the most intresting horror movies in years, almost a love story untill the end. The impact of the end scene is huge because of what has gone before. It's cinematography is sublime and it has some great surreal moments.

Asia at the moment is the only part of the world making intresting horror movies, America just keeps remaking them.

Also pyscho for it's time "was a good one" jeez man this is one of the greatest movies of all time, it changed the face of cinema forever and still stands up to repeated viewings today.

The Nightmare on Elm Street/Friday The 13th movies are very generic and wouldn't get in my top 50 horror movies of all time.Good for cheap popcorn thrills but little else.

Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhodes
Ace Rewinder
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for rhodes   Email rhodes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Asia at the moment is the only part of the world making intresting horror movies, America just keeps remaking them.
quote:

I agree AMERICAN horror movies have been turning out real **** for the past 5 years [Mad]

CAPTAIN RHODES

Posts: 434 | From: nevada | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I tend to agree. The end of Carrie was great, along with a few other parts. I just wished they showed the parts listed and not just the movies.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

This one is a bit better.

http://www.retrocrush.com/scary/index.html

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devo that is superb. UN CHIEN ANDALOU is perhaps the movie that scared me the most. I remember staying up late to watch it. [Eek!]
Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steven, showing Psycho to say, a college campus now, would put everyone to sleep or drive them away. For a true film buff it still packs a punch but average audiences wouldn't appreciate it. And the shower scene would seem generic.

The first Freddy and Jason movies are the only ones I'd deem scary. The sequels put the emphasis on blood and yes, are popcorn movies.

Asian horror....eh, I just haven't gotten into them. But I hate everything post 1980s so....

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought #1 would either be PSYCHO ( a real yawn movie in this day and age) or EXORCIST ( I went to Catholic school where the guilt was heaped on hugely and you believed if you were bad THIS might actually happen to you!) My sister guessed JAWS and I thought "Thats not a horror movie" but I will agree that JAWS probably affected more poepl than the others....like no one wanted to go swimming after seeing that.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Landshark! Now that's scary. Wait, sorry that's just my nickname for McFly. [Razz]

Well I wouldn't have thought of "Jaws", but it was truly way scary and very impactful on the audience. Any movie that makes you yell at the screen to tell the characters to watch out is the sign of a good movie. Then to go on vacation to Bermuda and not get in the ocean because of this movie makes it a #1 fer sure.

"Alien" was creepy cool and when it attacked Ripley at the end, I will admit I jumped a little.

Actually they are all good choices and they cover several generations of movies, so cool list.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I know I'll anger many by saying this: I hate those ALIEN movies. They bore me to tears.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only liked the first Alien...but it wasn't too thrilling to me either...

What about The Omen, or The Amityville Horror-those are pretty good.

I have yet to be brave enough to watch Night of the Living Dead yet, I just bought it, I am trying to talk my mom in to watching it, but she isn't having it!!

I can't watch it alone!!!!!

Psycho was pretty cool, I don't think people had seen anything like it, with stabbing people to death-that was just creepy...

But...older movies...I liked the Bad Seed better and The Birds...

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh....Jaws was scary.....not scary like a maniac running around loose with a butcher knife.

But, my brother was convinced that Jaws would somehow get in to our swimming pool, and all he ever saw was the previews, so that's pretty powerful.

The scariest scene to me will always be the woman at the beginning tready water, that water was so deep, I can't even imagine jumping in the ocean in the dark, in deep water anyway, even if nothing possibly could be in there, you just don't know, so she was crazy in my opinion.
Just watching her tread water scared the heck out of me, and you never see what gets her, you just see her get yanked under, and that to me is the scary part!!!! [Eek!]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I'm shocked the entire J-Lo catalogue didn't make the list. Her movies are very terrifying to me but not in a good way.
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Hahahaha! I've only seen about two of her movies so i wouldnt know. On my website I have a list of celebs whose movies I refuse to go see and she's on there so........................
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Me too....I have never seen one movie of hers except Selena, and I can not take her, her voice drives me crazy, and I don't even think she's even good looking, so I am not sure how she ever got the status she has. She should be in the 10 top most annoying people ever, she ranks up there pretty high in my book.
Hordak
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1772

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hordak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh agree almost totally. Only J-Lo movie that's any good was Blood & Wine imo, largely due to Nicholson and Caine, not her. Out Of Sight was WAY overrated, and as for the rest... [Mad]

Btw isis I think you're right about her not being that good looking. Among Latino actresses alone, Salma Hayek and Laura Elena Harring are both far prettier I'd say. Not unattractive but equally nothing special either.

As for the list: hope the last segment of Twilight Zone - The Movie made it in, always gets me that goblin thingy [Big Grin] . That and the Pagan convention in Eyes Wide Shut, no matter how many times you see it you're convinced Cruise post-unmasking is about to have unspeakable things done to him. Terrifying in a very believable way.

Posts: 97 | From: Midlands, UK | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home