iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » happy birthday to me is this a good movie?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: happy birthday to me is this a good movie?
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys. I saw at bestbuy yesterday there was happy birthday to me on dvd . i was going to get it but i was n't sure if it was any good so i thought i would ask my fella rewinders [Smile] so guys what did yall think and also i was just on imdb.com and i was reading their bored and it was syaing that the creaters of my bloody valentine and happy birthday to me are planning on making sequeals to the movies anyone else heared about this?
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watch it and all will be revealed.
Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crystal this is a great movie in my opinion. Perfect for Halloween watching. If you like Friday The 13th or Halloween, you will enjoy this movie.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sweet. I love halloween and friday the 13th so i guess i m all set i need to go rent it [Smile] well hopefully someone will go to blockbuster with me lol
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhodes
Ace Rewinder
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for rhodes   Email rhodes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How could you go wrong the teaser line "Six Of The Most Bizarre Murders You Will Ever See" and a cover that featured a guy getting his head impaled with a shishkabob laden with steak and bell peppers i hope they stayed with the original cover

CAPTAIN RHODES

Posts: 434 | From: nevada | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
no they changed the cover is is of a girl holding a cake with a knife stuck thru the middle
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhodes
Ace Rewinder
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for rhodes   Email rhodes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To bad they changed it,they probably thought the original cover was to strong for people,go check it out it is on this site the original!!!

CAPTAIN RHODES

Posts: 434 | From: nevada | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah...I dont like that new cover!!!
This is movie is good. It sort of reminds me of SCREAM (and it was made many years before SCREAM). Some people cant get past the implausible twists at the end...but I can. (Plus it was one of the first horror movies I ever saw so I rememeber being a little kid and being freaked out by shish-ka-bob and bridges after seeing this).

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...Wasnt there an "alternate ending" to this movie? Did I put that as a special feature on the dvd???
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I just checked at imdb and amazon and according to the fans there not only does the dvd have different cover art, it has a different musical score! They think its because they are trying to make the movie look more "modern". I was wondering why they wouldnt put beautiful Melissa Sue Anderson on the cover since she's the most noticable cast member and the star....but I guess thier trying to fool a few younger viewers into thinking this is a new movie. Awhile back they did that with the 70s TV movie SUMMER OF FEAR. They repackaged it with new cover art and just the info DIRECTED BY WES CRAVEN, STARS LINDA BLAIR. Nowhere on the box do they say the movie is 20 years old!!!
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
One last peep outta me and then I'll shut up: According to amazon this comes with an insert of the original cover art INSIDE....so I guess anyone who doesnt like the new cover (Who IS that chick anyway? Is it "Bernadette???") can use that.
I'm thinkin about buying the dvd even if the score IS new (and cheesy). They didnt use alternate ending options which is a shame because I read somewhere that the original ending of the movie has the killer being who we all thought it was(dont wanna say anything and spoil it)

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
I was thinking the same thing when I saw the new cover. Like is this even the same movie? Not sure about the existence of the alternate ending or if it was another one of those urban legends you hear about.

So my theory on the cover is that they knew upfront the old cover was too 80s looking to sell to the main stream audiences. And there new budget was all put into the updated musical score, so they hired the bankrupt company that did the original "Valley Girl" VHS cover. This company is so good at these covers, you can't recognize the actress.

-

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
That always bugged me...that that's so clearly NOT Deborah FOREMAN....does anyone know who it is??????????
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i asked the same thing on here mamamia, and i was told by someone, can't remember who.. that the girl on the cover is the same chick who plays "samantha" in the movie (the girl who randy hooks up with at the club towards the end when he's drunk and trying to get over julie.) i think it says the same thing here on the valley girl smart menu page, in the trivia part of it.

that just doesn't make any freakin sense to have her and not deb foreman, and then after all these years, they release the movie on dvd, and keep the same damn chick on the cover. STUUUUUUUUPID [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
The face looks a bit like Lydia Cornell who played the blonde daughter on TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT.
...Especially when you consider how many of us '80s nuts looooove Deborah Foreman, you think they'd make a new box with her cute little face on it!
I always hate Nicholas Cage but I liked him in VALLEY GIRL.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home