iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » New Some Kind Of Wonderful Website

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Some Kind Of Wonderful Website
skowmovie
Rewind Curious
Member # 3406

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for skowmovie   Author's Homepage   Email skowmovie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, check out my Some Kind Of Wonderful site... :-)

Some Kind Of Wonderful Fansite

Posts: 6 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a great site - people, feel free to visit and leave feedback!
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very good website, it even has a link right here to us.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome website for Paul's favorite flick. I'm surprised this posting hasn't been been tacked at the top of the page yet. I mean Paul only posts like once a month, so a website like that must be special.

Paul, would SKOW still be one of your favorite movies if Keith had chose Amanda instead of Watts? [Confused]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skowmovie
Rewind Curious
Member # 3406

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for skowmovie   Author's Homepage   Email skowmovie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone, I worked really hard on the site. SKOW has always been my favorite 80's movie and it means alot to me that people are responding and that people really enjoy the site! [Smile]
Posts: 6 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ValleyCat:
Paul, would SKOW still be one of your favorite movies if Keith had chose Amanda instead of Watts? [Confused]

Interesting....

Probably not. At least not the #1. The whole thing about the ending is that there's only one character that's not completely happy with the situation, and that's the chief jerk, Hardy. If Keith and Amanda had ended up together, none of them would have been really satisfied with things.

Now if Andie had chosen Duckie (which I really wanted her to) I'd be putting Pretty In Pink higher up my list..... Instead she chooses the pretty boy, and really disappointed me [Frown]

[ 25. October 2004, 04:06: Message edited by: paulshrimpton ]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raqlobster
Rewinder
Member # 3296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raqlobster   Email raqlobster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The site is some kind of WOWOWonderful!!!
Posts: 37 | From: Philippines | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by paulshrimpton:
Now if Andie had chosen Duckie (which I really wanted her to) I'd be putting Pretty In Pink higher up my list..... Instead she chooses the pretty boy, and really disappointed me [Frown]

Paul I totally agree. Wasn't the original ending Andie chosing Duckie, but test audiences thought that ending was too cheesy or something? Or was that just an Urban Legend?

My favorite part of "Pretty In Pink" is when Iona puts Otis Redding’s “Try a Little Tenderness” on the record player at Trax. Duckie bursts in and begins to lip synch and dance to the this classic, looking sharper than Joe Jackson and more convincing than Milli Vanilli. Afterwards, an unimpressed and embittered Andie (having been seemingly stood up by Blaine) rolls her eyes and remarks to Iona (referring to Duckie) “ever have one of these?” [Big Grin]

Btw Isis this was not directed totally at you, because I know your answer is gonna be yes! But feel free to elaborate as always. [Wink]

So my real question is..Was SKOW Hughes way of correcting the imbalance that "Pretty In Pink" created?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cs1992
Rewinder
Member # 694

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for cs1992   Email cs1992   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truly an underrated film
Posts: 45 | From: Norbolt, ND, USA | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the Pretty in Pink thing is true! Cause didn't they redo some of the end and McCarthy wore a horrible hair piece????

My favorite part of PIP is the Otis lipsynch too!
You had to love Duckie..........he had charisma!
Try a little Tenderness is one of my favs to this day!
Never thought of Hughes correcting the PIP with Some Kind! Maybe he did? SKOW does have the best ending.......I always cry.

Awesome website by the way.......SKOWmovie!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
some kind of wonderful is not only a great movie, but it has a kick-butt soundtrack. my fave tunes are "beat's so lonely" (played during the party scene where amanda slaps hardy & her and keith run out of the house), & flesh for lulu's "i go crazy."

watts & duncan are m favorite characters. they both crack me up. i love the scene where keith mentions amanda for the first time to watts, and she becomes jealous and starts cracking jokes, hehe she rules.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've linked to this from our Some Kind Of Wonderful page now too... Nice site [Smile]
Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Site!! I was looking at the cast and found something a bit odd. Chynna Phillips played Gia, and I am sure she is one of the Wilson Phillip girls isnt she? Maybe its just me, but in the 'Hold On' video, isnt Chynna TOTALLY looking like Watts?? I am a guy, so maybe it was just 'the look' at the time, but dang! they are like identical!
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my friend just gave me SOME KIND OF WONDERFUL yesterday.
yes.....originally Andie ends up with Ducky in PIP...but they thought that it sent a bad message that poor folk should date poor fol;k and rich should date rich and to not "leave your class" so that is why she ends up with cute but damn dull BLAINE! I always thought they should do an alternate ending dvd where she ends up with Ducky.
I liked Watts better than Amanda.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skowmovie
Rewind Curious
Member # 3406

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Nick:
I've linked to this from our Some Kind Of Wonderful page now too... Nice site [Smile]

Thanks so much for linking my site..I'm glad that you liked it!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home