iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » what do you think of Silver Bullet?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what do you think of Silver Bullet?
Giancarlo
Master Rewinder
Member # 2774

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Giancarlo   Email Giancarlo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys, what do you think about silver bullet starring Corey Haim?Is it worth watching? Is it scary enough?
Posts: 119 | From: ITALY | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, man, I haven't seen it in several years.

It's got its scary moments.

I've forgotten - is the uncle Nick Nolte or Gary Busey?

Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Garey Busey.
I like it.
Its not the best Stephen King I've ever seen but I find it enjoyable. I watch it every few years.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary Busey, I should have known.

Busey went to school here in Oklahoma and began his career on a local hit TV show, "Dr. Mazeppa Pompazoidy's Uncanny Film Festival and Camp Meeting."

Have you seen the graphic novel that Silver Bullet is based on, "Cycle of the Werewolf"?

This book really rocks and may give you nightmares.

Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The book is very good indeed, the film is average but worth renting, or buying if it is cheap.
Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80's Chick
Ace Rewinder
Member # 2405

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80's Chick   Author's Homepage   Email 80's Chick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was good but I didn't find it scary.
Posts: 364 | From: Northern Ireland | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skatefan
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3166

- posted      Profile for Skatefan   Email Skatefan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't think was scary and I scare pretty easily. I only watched it because Megan Follows from Anne of Green Gables is in it.
Posts: 26 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still one of the BEST to date WereWolf movies ever made!
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw it once awhile back, before I knew who Corey Haim was. I don't remember it being scary--In fact, I remember the werewolf being quite funny-looking. But, as they said before, it was still good.

Skatefan-- Fun fact: Corey Haim and Megan Follows both guest-starred on the show Big Wolf on Campus as some point and time. Megan Follows' episode was quite funny, although I liked the one with Corey Haim better. Maybe there were too many old person jokes in Follows' episode.

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by C.T.:
Still one of the BEST to date WereWolf movies ever made!

That's a bold statement C.T. [Eek!]
Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silver Bullet is airing on AMC on Thursday--It's on the top 20 scariest horror movies countdown. HA!
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhodes
Ace Rewinder
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for rhodes   Email rhodes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QSilver Bullet is airing on AMC on Thursday--It's on the top 20 scariest horror movies countdownUOTE] [/QUOTE]

Who put that on the list!!!! i would like to kick there *** [Big Grin]

Posts: 434 | From: nevada | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skatefan
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3166

- posted      Profile for Skatefan   Email Skatefan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obscurus Lupa - Never heard of Big Wolf on Campus. Is it an old tv show?
Posts: 26 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
Rhodes- I know, but I'm gonna try and watch it anyway. [Big Grin] I only saw it once, and I can't remember much. I think the werewolf gets shot in the eye with a . . . rocket of some sort? I had no idea Gary Busey was in it, or Megan Follows--But then again, they're both in everything, aren't they?

Skate-- It's actually 1999, but I absolutely LOVE the show--Have all but about half of an episode on tape.

If you want to look at an episode description and pictures from Megan Follows' or Corey Haim's episodes, you can go here:

Http://www.bigwolfoncampus.org

They're under "episodes." Megan Follows' episode is called "Interview With a Werewolf" and Corey Haim's episode is called "Blame it on the Haim."

Follows' episode is in season one, and Haim's is in the second season. Corey Feldman guest-stars in season three in the episode "What's the Story, Mourning Corey?"

[Big Grin] I'm such a nerd.

mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh yeah....my sisters kids used to watch that show! (And I used to babysit them si watched it too). The lead guy in that,...the werewolf....looked like my best friends brother who I had a crush on as a kid so I loved him...and Merkin reminded me of my best friend (who to this day is a total Merkin). Why dont they show that show anymore? It was good!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
mamamia- Brandon Quinn played the werewolf guy. And the Goth sidekick guy? His name was Merton. [Wink] But glad to know that there's a fellow fan here! Disney took over Foxfamily, it became ABCFamily, and the show ended after 65 episodes, as every show on Disney, no matter how good or bad, will only run three seasons.

By the way, I caught Silver Bullet last night. I didn't remember almost all of it, but I liked it. It was pretty funny, especially considering the werewolf used a bat. I mean, he had claws and teeth, but no, he had to use the bat. And I loved the line: "What, are you gonna make lemonade in your pants?" and the scene where the angry mob is like, "It's under the fog!"

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home