iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80s feature film with blue oyster cult?? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 80s feature film with blue oyster cult??
Trash4130
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3386

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Trash4130   Email Trash4130   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,
On a bmx vidoe that i own there is a couple of clips taken from what looks like a feature film about blue oyster cult! being a fan of the boc i was wondering if anyone had any leads?

The clip thats on my vid shows a long haired ginger stoner with a tie dye shirt wearing rock chick talking about a blue oyster concert and being hit by one of the lazers during the show! the next clip they show is of the same stoner being hit by one of the lasers and then goes into a trip! thats all i know of this film! it looks very 80s though! please if anyone has any ideas let us know! thanks a lot

Posts: 77 | From: London, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the B.O.C...I'm gonna try and find out what film that is......dont fear the reaper! [Cool]
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The movie is called "The Stoned Age" a very cheap "Dazed and Confused" ripoff
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE STONED AGE
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does it suck?
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I thought it was pretty poor. The soundtrack is decent.
Trash4130
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3386

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Trash4130   Email Trash4130   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mate, you rule, thanks a lot! its getting bought hah
Posts: 77 | From: London, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
I will give it a miss then...that's a bummer, it sounded cool, actually it sounded like there was a real BOC feature film, which would have been worth a watch...although band films are a bit dodgey, what's your favourite band film??
Trash4130
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3386

Member Rated:
how many are there?? i dont really know too many! i think i'll have to go for the most obvious of answers! spinal tap! because it goes one better than 10
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
there's Spice World...truely awful Help and A Hard Days Night...which are good in a swingin London kinda way...Um..Head..the weird monkeys one...i forgot Yellow Submarine...i saw an Abba one once that had Lou carpenter of Neighbours fame as their manager (strange)... there has to be more but i cant think of them [Confused] [Confused]
Trash4130
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3386

Member Rated:
haha lou carpenter?? sounds like a winner! maybe thats how he became mayor of ramsy street
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
You know it's true [Wink]
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"YOU GOT ANY BLUE OYSTER CULT"?

DAMONE:"NO! I DON'T HAVE ANY BLUE OYSTER I HAD 32 PAIRS THE LAST TIME AROUD WHERE WERE YOU"?

I don't recall seeing The Stoned Age but i do like B O C's video for "BURN"

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
I was having a disgruntled conversation today about how no-one knows who B.O.C are...then Trash brings them up...mind you the people I work with have never heard of T-Rex, The Smiths and or Morrissey, and after watching The doors were surprised when I told them that Jim morrison was a real person and the Doors were a real band?????? where do these people hide?
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

last concert I saw was with Blue Oyster Cult and Foghat.
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
They hardly ever come over here, i checked their tour dates the other day, and they are all in the US...I would love to see them live...I have a couple of friends who went to see Rush last month...they said they were brilliant. I went to the festivals over the summer, but the best has to be The Cure who I saw in July...it was just like heaven.
Trash4130
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3386

Member Rated:
ah the doors, thats another one:) man where do you work? i mean i guess fair enough not knowing t-rex and the smiths if your really not into that kinda thing, but the doors? thats terrible! everyone at least knows the name jim morrison? dont they? obviously not! sam im jealous, i think its fair enough to say that "dont fear the reaper" is my favorite song of all time! id go nuts if i saw it live!
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
Mine too...It's kind of an unwritten rule that it features on all of my compilations.......come on baby, we'll be able to fly.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Blue Oyster Cult was pretty decent but Foghat I thought was really really good.
Trash4130
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3386

Member Rated:
ive heard of foghat but i dunno the names always put me off them for some reason, it might be time to give um a whirl!

ha angel i know what you mean, i think its on every mix tape ive made for other people! it just doesnt get old!

Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
Oh my God, have I turned in to one of those that i work with??? I embarrassed to say, I have never heard of foghat.... [Frown] What's your take on More than a feeling by Boston and since you've been gone by Rainbow...my mate reckons I like all the songs from when the bands lost their credibility...but I disagree...i love those two songs too...and Crazy Crazy nights...that's another one.
Trash4130
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3386

Member Rated:
aw mate you';ve named another couple of classics! more than a feeling is soo good, but if you havent heard it, check out peace of mind by boston, its the track after more than a feelin on their album and its soooooo good! rainbow also rock! long live rock and roll all the way!aow
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
You bet...and I know I shouldnt, but I do love the darkness, they were really good at reading this year, i was rather hoping that they would do a cover of Jump, that would have gone down a storm...instead thay did the usual radiohead cover...not so rockin. I'm gonna check out that boston song, coz the only other song I have is Amanda...which is good in rock ballad kinda way...but it's no Since you've been gone,
Trash4130
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3386

Member Rated:
ha indeed! any of the tracks off of boston's "boston" album is good. i play it at work a lot and ive converted a hip hop soilder into an classic rocker with this album, thats gotta say something good about it!!
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
I am so buying it on Friday....are you a boston prophet...spreadin the word of RAWK (accompany this word with the rock hand sign)
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home