iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Cancelled 80s' Sitcom

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cancelled 80s' Sitcom
OConner880
Master Rewinder
Member # 415

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for OConner880   Email OConner880   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anybody have taped episodes or know when (if ever) the short-run Sitcom "Report To Murphy" will run? The series started in 1982 and I think it was 82's (pre)answer to 'Spin City' these days. There was also another show I watched really young called "War of the Worlds", which kinda paved the way for shows like that stupid spotted conehead alien show in the early 90s' (I never watched it, could'nt tell you the name). TV shows these days are wads of freakin tissue in a toilet..they're annoying, useless and offensive but if you try to flush they'll only get stuck and expand...sorry. I just can't remember any of these shows.
Posts: 186 | From: Saint James, NY, USA | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, OConnor, I don't remember that show. Here's an idea...wouldn't it be great if there were an 80's television channel. All day would be reruns of shows like Facts of Life, Family Ties, Double Trouble, Too Close for Comfort, Different Strokes, Silver Spoons, Three's Company etc!!! Nick at Nite plays some stuff but quite frankly, I'm sick of the Cosby's and Cheers :( Would you guys watch?
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
OConner880
Master Rewinder
Member # 415

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for OConner880   Email OConner880   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats a great idea..with this Direct TV thing you think instead of giving us the 'All Nature Sounds' channel they'd have an idea like that. You never see shows 'Perfect Strangers', 'Night Court' or 'Silver Spoons' anymore..I grew up with those shows in season or in re-runs and now they're gone to make room for today's trash. Love the idea..just as long as it didn't show 'All In the Family'. The sound of that woman's voice on that stupid show makes me wanna kick someone's head in...And I've never in my life even watched a complete episode.
Posts: 186 | From: Saint James, NY, USA | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthony
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 42

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Anthony   Email Anthony   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah nick at nite stinks.. It seemed like Family Ties was back on T.V for awhile but nick at nite yanked.. til 3 a.m.... Does anyone know why? Nick at Nite would be good if they aired one episode of cosby and cheers and along with other great 80's shows..
Posts: 16 | From: Brooklyn ny Kings | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was because of the dumb "Camp Nick at Nite" thing they had going. Finally last night they gave a sort of explanation saying that the double eps. of all shows will be returning in the fall. But Camp Nick was some kind of gimmicky nightly marathon in the tradition of campfire stories in the same vein...or something.
Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary
Rewind Curious
Member # 199

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gary   Email Gary   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be awesome. I have seen Perfect Strangers on TV Land on the weekends but doesn`t come on until like midnight. Also, TNN or the new TNN is terrible now. They at least did show the Dukes of Hazzard for a while but since the switch, it should be called the Star Trek channel. Gary
Posts: 7 | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Square Pegs was on TV Land last weekend in the middle of the night...I thought I was dreaming it...lol!!! Sara Jessica and Jamie Gertz!!! Awesome!!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home